Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, first post/new member here. I just picked up my Q50S 3.7, Tech/Touring/Sport last week. Love it so far, but I'm having some issues with the "Infiniti Connection" system. It constantly says it failed to communicate with the system or something along those lines.

I randomly get the connection symbol to come up (the little car logo with the satellite waves off the roof), but I can't seem to find a consistent solution. I try resetting the system over and over as well as shutting off my phone's bluetooth connection to try and isolate the issue. Infiniti Connection's customer hotline told me to get it into service as it may be a hardware issue :mad:! Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Does anyone know where the antenna is for this system? Is it the fin on the roof (thought that was for SXM) or is it maybe built into the rear windshield? I tinted the windows so I hope that isn't causing interference. (The system has worked while the windows are tinted).

I'm also in downtown Philadelphia so the only other thing I could think of is an increased level of interference from buildings, other cellular signals, etc..

Anyhow, hope everyone is enjoying their Q50's! I enjoyed my 2012 G37S, but this has definitely been a fun car so far for me so far, and gets a lot of attention!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi CVIPGO, it has been set up and was working normally at the dealer. We did multiple tests and I used the service once or twice since I picked the car up.. Just weird I don't consistently have a connection with their system.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
See your dealer. Unless you're in an area with poor GSM coverage (ATT & T-Mobile), it should be working normally.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea that link didn't work for me either, thanks for sending it though.

It works on an older 2G cellular network, so that may be part of the problem for me. I hope the tint isn't interfering with it.

It worked all day on Wednesday, but nothing today or yesterday... Annoying!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Yea that link didn't work for me either, thanks for sending it though.

It works on an older 2G cellular network, so that may be part of the problem for me. I hope the tint isn't interfering with it.

It worked all day on Wednesday, but nothing today or yesterday... Annoying!
tint should not impact your Infiniti Connection., must be the cellular network in your area... or have your dealer check it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.