Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to start yet another thread on DAST issues but here goes. My car is in for the second time for the cold weather steering lockup issue all over this forum. The first time it was the software update that was guarenteed to fix it, until it got cold again..! So now they are telling me that the service bulletin covering my VIN says to update the software in all three modules yet again and NOW it's a guaranteed fix, total BS in my opinion. I called Infiniti Consumer Affairs and flat out told them that if I'm forced to take the car back without the modules replaced that I want it in writing that if this happens again Infiniti will take the car back for a full refund. Infiniti is really handling this issue the wrong way in my opinion, should have went with the BMW I guess.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Sorry for derailing the thread, Rich. That was irresponsible on my part. :( :eek:

But in reality, Lincoln/Benz/Lexus > BMW if you want to talk average quality/reliability in general in this segment, but I digress! I like BMW and the Hyundai comment was meant to be facetious!

I totally think Infiniti owes it to you to buy the car back if this continues. You are among a growing number of people here with similar issues with Consumer Affairs... When you asked them about the possible refund/compensation situation, what they did say? Did they agree to it?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Rich My cars in today for TSB 14-006 which is supposed to solve everything:D. I have had many discussions with ICA and they have already offered to replace the car, given me 2 years free service AND they are aware if this doesn't fix it I want them to buy it back.

I REALLY hope this is the final, final fix for the DAS start up issues I'm having as I really love the car. I use it as a company car however and need reliability from it. That would be the logic on having ICA buy it back. Hope that's a dead issue after this TSB.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ST985 - No the folks in the ICA team are very well trained about what to say and when to say it. She asked for 24 hours to research the issue and bring back a proposed resolution. I was very firm with her and she knows clearly that I'm not going to let this drag on. It's a major inconvenience for me to bring the car into the dealer despite the fact that they give me a loaner. Like FDude I also use this car for work and I travel a lot so it's really got to be reliable. Stuff like InTouch apps etc. don't bother me much but steering issues are totally unacceptable.

Reactions: jlw

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hmm, sounds like they were doing a little Trial and Error Rich.
Like they probably didn't have exact root cause, or the exact fix, and/or there are multiple issue's that needed adjusting to fix the problem.

Anyhow, sounds like your on the right track to either get it fixed or doing a return.

·
Registered
183 Posts
you know the thing that pops into my mind is the way your smartphone will get laggy in cold weather. They jam these cars so full of computers and gizmos I don't think there wa another way this could of went down...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello,

I was in the exact same situation as you, but got approval for both the DAS Steering Module change and the update applied. It hasn't been cold enough around my area again to test whether any of those fixes work yet -- Although my dealer (who's been very supportive helping me navigate this serious steering defect) says he received assurances that it would work this time.

Despite how much I like the rest of the Q50, I would (and have started) advising people living in areas with cold climates not to buy this car.

Infiniti should offer compensation to all of us who have been stuck multiple times in very cold weather, unable to properly steer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and now the person from Consumer Affairs that has my case (Angelica) has been totally non-responsive. She promised a 24 hour call back, that never took place. She said she would be contacting my dealer (they have my car), 2 days later they have not been contacted at all. I have attempted to call her twice, once leaving a call back request with a human and once leaving her a voice mail, no response. I think I'm pretty much done with Infiniti at this point....If I can get anyone to call me back I'm pushing for a full refund.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Instead of this Forum, it may be more productive to complain about the DAS problems via Social Networks.

Often, I've found companies will respond much faster via twitter complaints since those are very public. If there were numerous Twitter complaints @InfinitiUSA or @InfinitiCanada (etc, depending on your home country, or to both) complaining that the new Q50 has serious DAS problems, I suspect they will try to contact you.

If anything, they fear bad publicity and future sales losses more than an upset consumer who has already bought the car.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Instead of this Forum, it may be more productive to complain about the DAS problems via Social Networks.

Often, I've found companies will respond much faster via twitter complaints since those are very public. If there were numerous Twitter complaints @InfinitiUSA or @InfinitiCanada (etc, depending on your home country, or to both) complaining that the new Q50 has serious DAS problems, I suspect they will try to contact you.

If anything, they fear bad publicity and future sales losses more than an upset consumer who has already bought the car.
Not a bad idea but I don't tweet..... Does Infiniti have an active Facebook presence...?

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm now told by me dealer that Infiniti Consumer Affairs has told them that they will NOT authorize the replacement of the three modules and say the 2nd software load will fix the problem. Yet the dealer can't tell me what the difference is between the old and the new software and exactly why Infiniti feels this is the fix for my car. ZERO information. I still have not received a call back from Infiniti at all despite leaving 3 messages for Angelica. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced ever....

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
From what I see, they just type in the same cut and paste response to anyone that complains.
Still you might get a faster reply than using this forum.
That is true, but if you continue to respond to them through private message they soon realize that you are serious and will filter the request or complaint to a real person.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm now told by me dealer that Infiniti Consumer Affairs has told them that they will NOT authorize the replacement of the three modules and say the 2nd software load will fix the problem. Yet the dealer can't tell me what the difference is between the old and the new software and exactly why Infiniti feels this is the fix for my car. ZERO information. I still have not received a call back from Infiniti at all despite leaving 3 messages for Angelica. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced ever....
That's pretty bad customer service. Maybe they are having so many DAS issues, they can't keep up with the all the phone calls?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.