Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inquired about a Q50 Hybrid Sport AWD with Nav and Deluxe Tech Package for $55,455.

I was quoted:

• $0 Cash or Trade down plus 1st payment, bank fee, sales tax, and reg/admin fees due at signing
  • 39 month 10,000 mile per year
  • $663 per month
  • $1,952 Total Drive off

There was also another option:

• $2000 Cash or Trade down plus 1st payment, bank fee, sales tax, and reg/admin fees due at signing
  • $609 per month
  • $4,020 Total Drive off

Should I hop on this? I have a 2007 G35x right now with $12k loan balance on it still. $336 per month payments on it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I inquired about a Q50 Hybrid Sport AWD with Nav and Deluxe Tech Package for $55,455.

I was quoted:

• $0 Cash or Trade down plus 1st payment, bank fee, sales tax, and reg/admin fees due at signing
  • $663 per month
  • $1,952 Total Drive off

There was also another option:

• $2000 Cash or Trade down plus 1st payment, bank fee, sales tax, and reg/admin fees due at signing
  • $609 per month
  • $4,020 Total Drive off

Should I hop on this? I have a 2007 G35x right now with $12k loan balance on it still. $336 per month payments on it.
if you can hold off for about 6 months, i would. the boston area dealers i am talking to all seem to think that prices will drop precipitously by then.

·
Registered
98 Posts
if you can hold off for about 6 months, i would. the boston area dealers i am talking to all seem to think that prices will drop precipitously by then.
Agreed, I'm hearing the same from dealers here in New Jersey. I just extended my lease for up to 6 months on my 2010 G37x, only got 26K miles and payments at $400 so i'll wait it out and see if the Q50 will be a reasonable option.

Downside is that the wait may cost me a set of tires and rear brakes on the G. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your offer for cap cost should never be more than $500 over invoice. In luxury cars I usually target $300-$500 over if invoice is not acceptable to the dealer. Remember that they have a holdback of 2% of the price of the car which is profit even if they sell for invoice.

Don't let them play games and never work from list down, always from invoice up.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Your offer for cap cost should never be more than $500 over invoice. In luxury cars I usually target $300-$500 over if invoice is not acceptable to the dealer. Remember that they have a holdback of 2% of the price of the car which is profit even if they sell for invoice.

Don't let them play games and never work from list down, always from invoice up.
Good mind set on most, not all vehicles.. nobody's doing that on Q50's yet because they are so new.. you always pay up a bit for what is "new"

·
Registered
33 Posts
What was the money factor in each option? What is your sales tax rate? And can you break down those drive off costs? Without that information it is really hard to evaluate of the terms are good or not. Also, if the cost to register your car each year is high, a 36 month lease might make more sense. With 39 months you have to register your car for the full year yet only get three month's benefit. The dealership gets the other 9 months. That's the usually the reason they push the 39 month ones over the 36 month ones.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Car prices

Good mind set on most, not all vehicles.. nobody's doing that on Q50's yet because they are so new.. you always pay up a bit for what is "new"
With all due respect, Jason, holding profit on new models is a mild form of price gouging. I understand the principle of supply and demand, but my principles of pricing are valid regardless of how new a car is. If a dealer won't deal, you walk away.

I have ever paid more than $500 over invoice for any car,nor would I ever consider doing so. My past high end cars include a 2006 M35x which was a horrible experience, an Audi, 2 Lexii and a BMW 535 I xdrive which is up in a few months.

One day I'll share my M35 experience. I will take a hard look at the q50 hybrid when the time comes, but will be very gun shy about Infiniti.

To the OP good luck...and never pay list!

·
Registered
325 Posts
With all due respect, Jason, holding profit on new models is a mild form of price gouging. I understand the principle of supply and demand, but my principles of pricing are valid regardless of how new a car is. If a dealer won't deal, you walk away.

I have ever paid more than $500 over invoice for any car,nor would I ever consider doing so. My past high end cars include a 2006 M35x which was a horrible experience, an Audi, 2 Lexii and a BMW 535 I xdrive which is up in a few months.

One day I'll share my M35 experience. I will take a hard look at the q50 hybrid when the time comes, but will be very gun shy about Infiniti.

To the OP good luck...and never pay list!
Wouldnt debate what someone should or shouldnt pay.. BUT calling it price gouging on product that you are getting a discount on doesnt really seem to fit thr definition of price gouging.. some of these dealers that will go over MSRP? Thats price gouging lol..

also, as I said, your method is usually a very effective and fair approach on most cars for both you and the dealer..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wouldnt debate what someone should or shouldnt pay.. BUT calling it price gouging on product that you are getting a discount on doesnt really seem to fit thr definition of price gouging.. some of these dealers that will go over MSRP? Thats price gouging lol..

also, as I said, your method is usually a very effective and fair approach on most cars for both you and the dealer..
We are in full agreement. The price gouging comment refers to those trying to get list or above. You run, don't walk, out of those dealerships.

I spent almost 4 years in the business, at a Nissan store, and became one of the 3 top performers in only 3 months. I burned out and left the industry about 15 years ago and never looked back, but I still enjoy going with friends to buy cars and buying them myself--kind of a challenging game...

The best advice to any car buyer is to be prepared and do your homework.
As for me, my requirements for a new car when the BMW is up next spring will be to target an AWD hybrid, of which I believe there are only three-- Lexus RX-450h which is an SUV, the Q50 and the coming Acura RLX hybrid (I do not consider MB and BMW Active hybrids to be true hybrids as they do little to improve fuel economy in the real world). I would love to have a GS-450h, but they don't come with all wheel drive.

Jason, good luck-and one day I will share my horrible Infiniti experience with you.

·
Registered
407 Posts
So you're trying to say even with the list price they're trying to price gouge people?
List price can't be that bad, they are making some good profit, but if there's a dealer mark up, by all means tell them to get rid of it or move on.

·
Registered
325 Posts
We are in full agreement. The price gouging comment refers to those trying to get list or above. You run, don't walk, out of those dealerships.

I spent almost 4 years in the business, at a Nissan store, and became one of the 3 top performers in only 3 months. I burned out and left the industry about 15 years ago and never looked back, but I still enjoy going with friends to buy cars and buying them myself--kind of a challenging game...

The best advice to any car buyer is to be prepared and do your homework.
As for me, my requirements for a new car when the BMW is up next spring will be to target an AWD hybrid, of which I believe there are only three-- Lexus RX-450h which is an SUV, the Q50 and the coming Acura RLX hybrid (I do not consider MB and BMW Active hybrids to be true hybrids as they do little to improve fuel economy in the real world). I would love to have a GS-450h, but they don't come with all wheel drive.

Jason, good luck-and one day I will share my horrible Infiniti experience with you.

Always enjoy "war stories" lol..

Reactions: Art234

·
Registered
16 Posts
Rayz, list prices are merely suggestions. No one should expect to pay full list price for a car these days. If the dealer is asking list and won't budge, you walk out and try somewhere else.

As I said before, you always work up from invoice, never down from list. No one is denying the dealer a profit (that's what holdback is for), but a moderate profit.
A good deal is one which is fair to both parties-the customer AND the dealer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.