Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Honestly I was a little disappointed that it wasn't a hybrid at first. The reason is because Johan said it would have 600 lb.-ft. of torque, but he apparently mixed up lb.-ft. with Nm. How a CEO of a performance car company could make a mistake like that is a little beyond my understanding, but considering the engineering they will have to do just to see if it's feasible to stick the GT-R engine in the car without a hybrid motor, I can totally understand their decision. Regardless, the car most definitely will be a monster.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
While the V8 would have been interesting, it would have been thirsty, taken up a lot of space under the hood and added alot of weight. That would have upset the balance of the car. I agree with chilibowl, the VR38 is the right choice and a no-brainer considering the track record it has had, it's packaging size, weight, etc.

How about we have a twin turbo V8 for the M37's replacement halo model?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
While the V8 would have been interesting, it would have been thirsty, taken up a lot of space under the hood and added alot of weight. That would have upset the balance of the car. I agree with chilibowl, the VR38 is the right choice and a no-brainer considering the track record it has had, it's packaging size, weight, etc.

How about we have a twin turbo V8 for the M37's replacement halo model?
They could have the lighter VR38 for the Q50, and then a twin turbo VK56VD for the Q70. Things could get interesting for the little Q30 car thats due out this year....using a twin turbo VQ25HR for that lil guy :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.