Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, do you guys tip after you get a free car wash from Infiniti?

Not sure who to tip since we don't see the guys who washes the car. Tip the guy who brings you the keys?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I am curious with this as well since I will be getting some services done at infiniti(free oil change)! Just got used to either doing things myself or going to my trusted shop! :eek:

·
Registered
697 Posts
No tips at my dealership. Car is washed away from where customers are allowed

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Heh. I never thought about this. That is a genuinely nice sentiment.

Here's my thoughts after thinking on this a little. If it is your sales guy who does it for you and brings you the keys, don't tip him. I do this all the time for clients and I'd much rather you give me all 10's on the survey Infiniti sends you than tip me a couple bucks.

If it is someone in a uniform, who works in the detail department, by all means give them a tip. They'll love it. I've never seen a client tip one of those guys. They work their butts off in all weather and get very little recognition.

In a sense, I tip our detailers once in a while. Not directly, but whenever we go for a beer after work, I invite them along. If they come, I pick up the tab. But they'd much rather get a tip direct from you than an occasional free beer from me.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I usually tell them to NOT wash my car. I like to hand wash my own car. My dealership usually does a pretty mediocre wash when they wash my Q56 after I tell them not to. More work for me later getting rid of swirls and spots they left behind.

So no tip from me for no wash.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Another one here who prefers to be the sole person to wash the car. Besides, my dealer has an automatic wash with *shudder* brushes. Never! :eek::cool:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Car is leased so I have no motivation to wash it myself. Also, the stealership washes ur car before u ever bought it so they cant be that bad.
Definitely hand washed before I picked it up. It would have been obvious if it had gone through the automatic wash.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wait so you can just drop off your car at any Infiniti dealership at any time and they will wash it for free?

Since I live in an apartment and can't hand-wash in my parking garage, this would be awesome...

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Heh. I never thought about this. That is a genuinely nice sentiment.

Here's my thoughts after thinking on this a little. If it is your sales guy who does it for you and brings you the keys, don't tip him. I do this all the time for clients and I'd much rather you give me all 10's on the survey Infiniti sends you than tip me a couple bucks.

If it is someone in a uniform, who works in the detail department, by all means give them a tip. They'll love it. I've never seen a client tip one of those guys. They work their butts off in all weather and get very little recognition.

In a sense, I tip our detailers once in a while. Not directly, but whenever we go for a beer after work, I invite them along. If they come, I pick up the tab. But they'd much rather get a tip direct from you than an occasional free beer from me.
I second this

If you are going to tip - tip the actual detailer

If the sales guy helped you get the free car wash - leave him good feedback.

PERSONALLY - I never let anyone wash my car but myself. We call the dealership car was the "swirl installer 1000" at my work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.