Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to see what everyone thinks of these three cars. When I first purchased my G37 I was looking between these three cars and I was very close to buying the IS350 but ended up getting the G37 because I wanted a manual.

Which one is the most powerful? The acura was the largest car.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I remember seeing a car and driver or motortrend review comparing these cars and a few other sedans.. Can't find it anymore..
I did find this video though.

1. TL-S 6MT - 1:36:67 sec
2. IS350 - 1:38:24
3. G35 6MT - 1:38:67
Driven by professional DRIVER Keiichi Tsuchiya TL-S, G35, IS350 @ Willow Springs, CA race track. FWD beating RWDs? End of the world.
I am uber surprised the front wheel drive TL managed to go faster by 2 seconds. I read the thread from the Lexus forum in the description and apparently it comes down to the tires. The TL had the best tires.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I think the IS350 would have been a much better car if it came in manual, too bad the IS250 was the only manual transmission lexus IS of it's generation.

The TL was just better cause of the extra space it had but i dislike that it's FWD, im a pro-RWD person.

Lexus's are know for torque, and big amount of it, so if you want off the line power (good for the street) Lexus IS it is.

G37 is also where it's at for me, a good combination of the above

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
The closest I've gotten was I that I test drove a 2010 Acura TSX.. :p

I felt that it had very little stylistic or driving personality and I didn't like the interior layout..

·
Registered
59 Posts
The closest I've gotten was I that I test drove a 2010 Acura TSX.. :p

I felt that it had very little stylistic or driving personality and I didn't like the interior layout..
Interior layout on TSX were just ugly and very much like what you'd expect in a higher trim Accord. I actually think Acura needs to work on all of it's interior's. Lexus is a good example of a car makers that has greatly improved on it's interior designs.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I must admit, seeing the new Lexus IS in action in some recent videos has gotten me turned around a bit.

The styling in photos and videos are one thing, but seeing the car in motion and the F sport package is kinda making me interested..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes! I can't wait to test drive the new Lexus IS350. I've been doing a bunch of research and I am also on the lexus forums.
I am leaning towards switching to the Lexus or getting the Q50.

The one thing that concerns me on the IS350 is the rear space. I have heard that it is small.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
In terms of drivability and handling how does the TL compare? I think it's universally recognized that Acura's interior needs work to even compete with the other brands.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Out of the three the TL has the cheapest interior.

Drive ability? Well depends on which one. There is a front wheel drive and all wheel drive. They aren't hard to drive. Handling is good for a front bias car - but it won't handle like a rear drive car will.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Out of the three the TL has the cheapest interior.

Drive ability? Well depends on which one. There is a front wheel drive and all wheel drive. They aren't hard to drive. Handling is good for a front bias car - but it won't handle like a rear drive car will.

Apparently they improved on the SH-AWD system on the RLX making feel more along the lines of a RWD vehicle but not totally... I watched a few reviews and drive video's, and it seems when driving the RLX, it doesn't feel FWD bias at all, or at least most of the times it doesn't.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I am sure the Acura has the cheapest in terms of cost too. The materials are just not as thick and sturdy as Lexus and Infiniti. Afterall it is from the Honda parts bin.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I am sure the Acura has the cheapest in terms of cost too. The materials are just not as thick and sturdy as Lexus and Infiniti. Afterall it is from the Honda parts bin.
Well again, you're talking perception (unless you have a BOM).

Since when is Honda considered cheap (at least compared to Toyota/Nissan)? I thought they all overlapped at some point, especially at the economy/standard class level.

I mean, I thought that Acuras were well built and had good material (I've only driven the TSX)--I just didn't like their design and layouts.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I own an Acura TL. The interior is not as good quality as the Infiniti G37. The G37 is just more solid. And for sure the Lexus has a solid interior.

Too many parts of the TL feel cheap and thin.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Trust me. Not comparable. I just like 6 speed in the TL and the engine is smooth is pretty **** reliable. Apart from that. Not much else.
Do you have the 2009+ TL? Is it SH-AWD?

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Nope I have the 08 TL-S in 6 speed.

I was going to go for the 2012s when the lease went up but I seriously don't like how the new TLs look.. Plus I rarely drive the TL now - my other half does. I test drove the new SH AWD with 6 speed and I like the AWD but I just can't get over the look of the new TL.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Nope I have the 08 TL-S in 6 speed.

I was going to go for the 2012s when the lease went up but I seriously don't like how the new TLs look.. Plus I rarely drive the TL now - my other half does. I test drove the new SH AWD with 6 speed and I like the AWD but I just can't get over the look of the new TL.
I drove a SH-AWD with an auto and the car drove BIG. I couldn't get over the size for some reason.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts