Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m looking at purchasing a used Infiniti Q 50 hybrid sport I just wanna hear from people who had to replace their batteries or just knowledge of people when ppl replace em. so I have an idea of whats a good buy.

(NOT TALKING ABOUT THE SMALL ONE IN THE FRONT)

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I think there has been one person who needed to have his larger battery replaced on the forums?? It was covered under warranty as I recall,
Honestly if you are looking at a hybrid I'd go for a COP or extended warranty its cheap insurance for a peace of mind.

Because those hybrid components are expeeeensive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think there has been one person who needed to have his larger battery replaced on the forums?? It was covered under warranty as I recall,
Honestly if you are looking at a hybrid I'd go for a COP or extended warranty its cheap insurance for a peace of mind.

Because those hybrid components are expeeeensive.
Alright cool, it’s just the one I’m looking at is 139k miles from Texas. So if I’ll have to replace soon i wouldn’t mind instead of paying for a warranty

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Alright cool, it’s just the one I’m looking at is 139k miles from Texas. So if I’ll have to replace soon i wouldn’t mind instead of paying for a warranty
You miss-understand I'm saying the hybrid components are very expensive, if you end up having to replace the lithium battery in the hybrid you are paying out
at least 10-12K in parts not including labor.

Get a warranty man 2-3K is cheap insurance if something goes wrong.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
763 Posts
There are infos of costs more than 10k+ USD in the internet, but also some around 2k USD. The best research would be talking to different dealers to evaluate the real costs. If it's in the higher area I'd go with BHC and the insurance.

Btw: The 12v battery of a Q50 Hybrid normally hides in the trunk of the car (left side).

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
2015 Q50S Premium AWD Hybrid
9 Posts
I suspect the lower figure is for a single Li-ion module (there are 12 in total). the higher figure may be for the entire unit of 12.
From what I have read, you can only replace a single module once, if a second module fails, you need to do the whole lot.
Not sure if there are any workarounds for that.

·
Registered
763 Posts
One module 2k USD? Nope!

In Europe you could buy used ones for the Q50 Hybrid (complete set) for around 900 to 1000 Euros. So I don't believe the 2k USD are for one of twelve modules. A complete replacement battery for an EV car is – depending on size – around 10k to 20k USD (e.g. Renault Zoe 52 kW/h = 8.100 Euros / 9.500 USD). And the battery in the Q50 Hybrid is a very very small one...

Look here!

Read this!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Crazy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts