Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so I have a 2017 report q50 with a full cat-back exhaust. I want to add an intake but I don't want to tune, will there be any gains or will it be pointless to add an intake with just a catback? thanks,

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Save the time and money. Unless you want to make sure you have every part to make a max effort bolt on car it's not worth it. Only adds 5 ish hp up top.

Reactions: CHq50

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,342 Posts
No tune...no improvement. Save your money.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,026 Posts
It's only money, go for it.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
#yolo

Save up. Get intakes and tune together.

Reactions: CHq50

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
Hi, so I have a 2017 report q50 with a full cat-back exhaust. I want to add an intake but I don't want to tune, will there be any gains or will it be pointless to add an intake with just a catback? thanks,
if it makes you feel better, get the AEM drop ins from Z1

·
Premium Member
18 RS Q50 RWD
16 Posts
i’d at least replace the accordion style tubes on general principles

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Reactions: rpiotro and CHq50

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
No real benefits with any of the performance intakes for this platform unless you get a tune, the stock intake systems are fairly well optimized.
If you want more from the intake or turbos then there are some good options out there.

In terms of actual quality the Infiniti Performance intakes are actually produced by AMS and are arguably the best on the market.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,342 Posts
No real benefits with any of the performance intakes for this platform unless you get a tune, the stock intake systems are fairly well optimized.
If you want more from the intake or turbos then there are some good options out there.

In terms of actual quality the Infiniti Performance intakes are actually produced by AMS and are arguably the best on the market.
For $500, they should be.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I put them on because it was something fun to do and they look great and are slightly louder than OEM. Like others have said there is not much gain (actually even lose some power in lower RPM band over OEM) and you are better off saving your money or just replacing the accordion inlets with smooth ones.

Now if you still want these there may be an AMS black friday sale and can save some money. I actually bought mine from an Infiniti dealer on ebay for $470, but looks like none are available now.

·
Premium Member
18 RS Q50 RWD
16 Posts
After a couple of years on the car, I wouldn’t take 500 for them, not with other do nothing but sound good supporting mods in place and an AMS flash in my pocket.

·
Registered
11 Posts
no need to get intakes unless you want to hear your turbo
these stock intakes are surprisingly really freaking good! my friend has a FBO Q50 with stock intakes, he just switched out the filters with the K&N drop in filters.
I got another friend who’s on a tune and he kept the stock intakes as well

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
That's one of those feel good mods as well.
I like to ask that question about every action taken in life. Does it do good or does it feel good?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Got mine 2 weeks ago from infiniti dealer for 425$. They had 2 in stock at the time. Possibly was the only 2 left in the nation until ams next batch.

Do I feel it made a difference? Not really. I did replace my old super dirty stock filters with brand new ones 5 days before installing for a more accurate comparison.
Do I regret it? Not at all.
Would I buy it again? Of course.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,342 Posts
Got mine 2 weeks ago from infiniti dealer for 425$. They had 2 in stock at the time. Possibly was the only 2 left in the nation until ams next batch.

Do I feel it made a difference? Not really. I did replace my old super dirty stock filters with brand new ones 5 days before installing for a more accurate comparison.
Do I regret it? Not at all.
Would I buy it again? Of course.
So the CAI made no difference yet you'd spend the money on it again? To each their own, I guess.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts