Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This picture says it all...I have gotten brochures for the BMW, Audi, and Lexus, as well as the Q50...this brochures for the BMW, Audi and Lexus are very high quality, 30+ page nice booklets...Lexus even gave out reproduction magazines of car and driver and motor trend featuring reviews of the new 2014 Lexus...the q50 brochure is essentially non existent...the only thing my dealer was able to find was the little flier given out at the auto show unveiling that is a couple pages with no real info..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
I hear you but things will get better

Thes guys have kind of flunked in the premium segment

The original Qs, the J, the G20 were all good cars but did not win many hearts

The early M was like a crown Vic from Japan, the second one was right on and the current one suffers from overly bulbous looks

The G has been a great car but has been around over a decade

OK, back to the point, the luxury brands you mentioned grew to be huge and have the marketing budgets to go with it

I am just thankful that Infiniti put a lot into thevQ50 and I expect we will have great ownership experiences

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Yeah, so their books are bigger, so what??? :) and seriously, who's gonna read all that anyway? ;)

I think Infiniti is all about efficiency and letting its cars speak for themselves. :p

I'm 100% sure the Q50 will make its way to the cover of those auto magazines once they actually have one to take out to test (there have been Q50 ads inside auto magazines for months now). We all know that none of the major auto papers have had their hands on one yet.

As far as BMW goes, it's not apples to apples if you want to compare brochures. When I went to test drive the BMW 335i, I came back home with that same, huge brochure with 70 pages of beautiful artwork and detailed specs and info. The thing is, the Q50 is just one car. That brochure of the 3 series is more than just one specific model or trim--there's about 7 or 8 different models of 3 series (the hybrid, 320, 328, 335, plus the Sports, M, Luxury, and Modern lines) that they crammed all into one book. I'm not sure what's all in the Lexus and Audi books, but I'm guessing there's a lot of other similar things going on..

Infiniti's marketing is more than just the size of their brochures IMO...

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
At this point I would hope that they would put some of the money investing into getting the Q50 ready for release and investing in technology and new ideas.

I would rather see the real thing and see how excited the sales staff is to show me the features of the products. I have enough things collecting dust.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think we get tons more information off of the internet now than any brochure could ever hope to provide. Animated views, specs, even online manuals. In a way I think brochures are becoming outmoded, just like books. My wife is an avid reader and she just downloads what she wants. Maybe they could come up with an e-brochure they could download to your phone.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I think we get tons more information off of the internet now than any brochure could ever hope to provide. Animated views, specs, even online manuals. In a way I think brochures are becoming outmoded, just like books. My wife is an avid reader and she just downloads what she wants. Maybe they could come up with an e-brochure they could download to your phone.
You make a really good point.

There's been a movement in the last 3-4 years where paperless/electronic reading and information is the way to go.

Sure, it's nice--really nice for a lot of people (mostly older buyers) to have all that in information physically right there in your hands to see and touch, but from my perspective, almost all of the information and advertising I ever get about a new car, I can get online or elsewhere..

You could say that in this regard, Infiniti has made a tradeoff to become a bit more environmentally friendly or staying ahead of the curve in some form or another. :p

...and let's keep it reasonable--Seeing as the Q50 technically, barely hasn't even touched ground yet for most early owners, there's still plenty of time for swoop-in for early marketing. Cars are like rumors. They tend to grow fast and steady over time. Infiniti only needs to plant the seeds here and there. They're confident in that they shouldn't try to outtake BMW or Lexus when it comes to hyping up their vehicles. As I said--their reputation speaks for themselves for the most part.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
That Audi has been around for what, five years now? The only thing they keep changing is the design of the headlights every two years. BMW 3 has been out over a year, and like it was stated earlier, it's not just one model but a whole range.

I give you the Lexus IS.

But you have to keep in mind with respect to Infiniti. Nissan CEO Ghosn almost killed off Infiniti. Somehow he was convinced to keep Infiniti around, and now they brought in de Nysccheen (spelling?) to turn around the whole brand to make it a global brand, not just the US. But they are still on life support in many ways, and having skinny brochures is one easy way to limit expenses. The Q50 will make or break the Infiniti brand over the next 3-4 years globally. If they hit it out of the park, Infiniti will be taking the first steps towards becoming a global luxury brand, and in many ways will leap frog Lexus globally.

But for now, Infiniti is in cost saving mode.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
But they are still on life support in many ways, and having skinny brochures is one easy way to limit expenses.

But for now, Infiniti is in cost saving mode.
Well then. Makes me feel like I deserve a humanitarian award after buying the Q50.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Well, I don't necessarily disagree with the OP. I think everyone else is right but I have to say, I picked up a brochure for the M at the Q preview event a few weeks ago and it was only 6 pages. Not a single interior picture.

I do think that's a bit odd. I kept my G brochure from when I leased in 2010 - I like to have all of the specs,,etc. to compare to the replacement car or if I buy it and end up selling it at some point in the future. That thing is REALLY thick and full of pics and good marketing data. Granted the G outsells the M in drastic numbers.

Lets see what they do with the Q. I love web based info but I can't say the Q site from Infiniti is that easy to use or super informative. It doesn't even list all of the specs of the car (as many of you know - it doesn't list the trunk capacity!)

So yes, it's expensive to print dense, high quality, color material but they are trying to go upmarket here so that would help.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Yup, totally agree. I actually did get a large full color M booklet a few months ago. I was 5 seconds from pulling the trigger on one but decided to go home and sleep on it. It had full specs, lots of pictures, available options, the works. Even those fancy painted color swatches.

The Q does need this kind of book. I'm sure they're printing them right now, probably just had to finalize some EPA numbers and other details first. A few weeks ago we didn't have those until the pics arrived with window sticker numbers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.