Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Pimp. Looks like he just setup the screen for two input sources!

Would love to do that.
It's obviously working through Bluetooth. There's only one in the car.

I've seen this hack on other vehicles.

·
Registered
478 Posts
If anyone could figure this out, this would solve a ton of problems!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I feel this is the best solution to fix all of the InTouch app problems. Using the power, speed, & memory storage of your smart phone and not the weak internals of the InTouch system.

Would you guys prefer this on your top or bottom screen?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
If someone wants to go search some of the other forums, there are threads describing the hardware and software combination that makes this work.

I don't know about the advisability of using this. YMMV.

That video is from a JX35 / QX60.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I found this screen on the InTouch:

It sends you to this website with an open source:

NISSAN Free/Open Source Software Website | DENSO CORPORATION
It looks like the bottom screen and HMI module are made by Denso. The top / navigation unit is made by Clarion.
Streaming is done through WiFi - car's Bluetooth is way too slow for video.
The hack includes a switch to simulate parking brake engaged, and wifi device to stream to - there are a few on the market. You can use aux video input.

#selzini - You posted a photo of me without permission :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
That would be amazing to have this option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So the hack was using an Android phone (Samsung)
He said he was using a Samsung Media Hub, plugged into an HDMI-RCA Adaptor for the Video Input. The hub looks powered by USB.

Amazon.com: Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub, Wireless HDMI Display Adapter (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

The switch at the bottom left of the steering wheel is the key. Somehow he wired this so that when switched on, it bypasses the lock on the video input that traditionally only works when the brake is on and you are parked. It would be nice if he showed how to do that - because that is the hard part.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I don't know if this is in the same ballpark, but:

iOS 7.1 beta teases release of car mode | Product Reviews Net

iOS 7.1 beta teases release of car mode

By Matt Tran Posted 30 Jan 2014, 07:36

The iOS 7.1 beta which is currently being tested by developers has appeared online, teasing some of the new features we can expect. iOS 7.1 car mode has been given a redesign and upgrade, benefiting your iPad and iPhone on your travels. Apple’s next major software update should see this new car functionality added, once the iOS 7.1 public release has begun.
It is possible that Apple will roll out iOS 7.1 for public release towards the end of February, as the beta has been extended to its 4th version. The iOS 7.1 car mode feature has been a big factor in the demand for the update to arrive, with the black screen bug fix and small UI tweaks also expected.

Using iOS in the car would bring your iPad or iPhone’s best features right into the heart of your vehicle, provide guidance using the maps application in addition to streaming a range of other media. It is not certain that iOS 7.1 will include car mode despite this tease, however it would most certainly come with iOS 7.2 should it not quite be ready for public release.

·
Registered
62 Posts
see that is pretty cool and easy to do, but it is limited. you have to use the phone to control it, I would build it a lot different where the screen would control the phone via MHL which is just for droids. Apple is so f'd up with what they control for apps, I wouldn't waste the time with it. ROI would be limited.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So the hack was using an Android phone (Samsung)
He said he was using a Samsung Media Hub, plugged into an HDMI-RCA Adaptor for the Video Input. The hub looks powered by USB.

Amazon.com: Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub, Wireless HDMI Display Adapter (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

The switch at the bottom left of the steering wheel is the key. Somehow he wired this so that when switched on, it bypasses the lock on the video input that traditionally only works when the brake is on and you are parked. It would be nice if he showed how to do that - because that is the hard part.

Hello just wanted to let you know. depending on your make and model. if you depress the parking brake there is a little small black box with a button that is the sensor that sends a signal to the computer telling it. if depressed parking brake is off. if the button is not depressed then it doesnt send a signal back letting the computer know the parking brake is enabled. if you simply cut one wire that lead to the sensor and attach a switch then you can willing turn it on and off. im not responsible for any damages this may cause to anyones vehicle. if you try this and short something out its on you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.