Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I bought my Infiniti Q50 sport and it didn't have front impact sensor installed. I've installed it but problem still is there (Airbag light). I am sharing Carista error code.

Can anyone tell me where crash zone sensor is located or how does it look? I am attaching image of the impact sensor which I installed.

Font Screenshot Software Multimedia Technology

Automotive tire Road surface Surveillance camera Asphalt Gas

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A short is not an easy thing to find. If the description of the code on your reader is accurate, you’re going to have to check each wire in the front crash sensor circuit and find where the wire is making contact with a source of ground. I suspect your vehicle was in a crash? Look for pinch wires and missing insulation.

I bought it from copart but it didn't have any frame damage. Only bumper and headlights were removed. Inside everything looks factory like. No airbags were deployed...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It shouldn't be too bad all those codes are related to one another, the Air bag sensor won't power on during ignition (B142A) based on my reading in the SM if the crash sensor is having issues. As Skyline said start looking at the electrical portions, start with the Air Bag Fuse then move on to the Wiring Harness and see if anything isn't plugged in or damaged.

The cable will lead from the front bumper through the Firewall to Air Bag Diagnostic Sensor which is underneath the front arm-rest.

Connection malfunction or short circuit to ground of harness and connector
• Internal malfunction of crash zone sensor
• Internal malfunction of air bag diagnosis sensor unit

View attachment 109903

Points #3 - Front Crash Zone Sensor
Point F - Air bag diagnosis sensor unit
You're a hero. Thanks a lot! I'll start looking this weekend. One more question: Some people say that Airbag module needs re-programming to reset and delete "crash". I think it is not the case here from what I see in Carista... What do you think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts