Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Infiniti Q50 2.2d diesel Sport first drive Review | Autocar

The 2.2-litre engine isn’t that quiet in a C-class but I’d not say it’s any noisier in the Infiniti. The Mercedes-Benz is around 40kg lighter than the Infiniti, which may explain the latter’s slightly inferior performance, fuel consumption and emissions, but if you like the idea of the Infiniti, you’d be making a mistake to allow such small differences break the deal.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I know this is Europe/Australia (and maybe other world markets too), but I'd like to see Infiniti add diesels to the motor mix in the Q50 and Q70 in the future. Specifically I'd love to see a twin-turbo 6 cyl diesel (a-la the BMW 335d motor) that would provide good horsepower and massive torque with good fuel economy.

This 2.2L 4cyl turbo motor does have very respectable torque at 295 lbft but the horsepower is a little light at 168 hp. Still, that 57.7 MPG (in European "Imperial Gallons") would translate to something around 48 MPG in the US. That's not bad at all - definitely around the new BMW 328d motor's mpg numbers.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The US market is not fond of diesels... I don't see Infiniti or even Nissan bringing a diesel into the US market for that reason.

If established brands like Volkswagen are having problems pushing diesels, Nissan/infiniti doesn't stand a chance.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The US market is not fond of diesels... I don't see Infiniti or even Nissan bringing a diesel into the US market for that reason.

If established brands like Volkswagen are having problems pushing diesels, Nissan/infiniti doesn't stand a chance.
While that certainly has been true. It will depend on how well the other luxury brands do with diesels in the US. Audi is currently spending a TON of money on advertising their new TDI Turbo Diesels - the "Hey Lady! That's DIESEL!" TV spots are in heavy rotation right now. IF sales build for diesel cars in the US (and sure that's a big if) then I'm sure that Infiniti would follow suit (especially if they're already making them for Europe/Australia - markets where diesels do extremely well).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.