Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Infiniti Q50 in Fast and Furious 7

9K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  craig 
#1 ·
Seeing how there's a ton of hype around the Q50, since it is the hottest entry-level luxury sedan from a Japanese car maker, how likely is it that we'll see one in the upcoming Fast & Furious 7 movie?

#2 ·
My guess is no on F&F 7; the lack of a manual box doesn't help. I would bet that it'd make it to some set in Hollywood though; the M37 was prominently featured on a season 2 episode of Homeland last year. Not many Infiniti's on the big screen.

#4 ·
Very doubtful.

On a related note, I previously sold 2 vehicles to a company who converted them for Universal Studios and were used in Fast 5. You know the giant truck that The Rock drives in Fast 5? I supplied the pre conversion chassis (F-350). One was actually used in the movie and the other travelled around the US to various theaters during the premier :)

#5 ·
Infiniti does not make Fast and Furious style vehicles. Infiniti doesn't even make Transformers style vehicles. Fast and Furious has a lot of highly tuned vehicles with all the bells and whistles, also super cars. Neither of those categories include the Infiniti Q50. I just don't think it is an exciting enough vehicle for the movies.

#7 ·
i doubt it, muscle cars and tuners are what they aim to use, GTRs, FRS/BRZ, stuff like that is the only modern cars i could really see them using

#8 ·
Not much hype in the industry sadly...no parts for it...we seem to be one of the few to touch the car. They are filming currently in Atlanta and usually choose some highly modified cars. There will be quite a few Lexus IS cars at SEMA this year modified so that seems to be the hot car from Japan.

#11 ·
I remember that but they all had pistol grip manuals, I think.....

there's 2 gear changes they show in that clip...

now if the new Q60 was ready i could see that featuring, but a Hybrid Q50 does not seem to appeal to the ricing crowd..

although FF has kind of moved away from the rice scene. Now they want us to believe that group of street racing modders, the likes many of us have come into contact with over the years, are capable international criminals, not to mention formula 1 quality drivers...

#17 ·
As far as including the Q50 in a tv show or movie, I just don't see it happening. If the car is going to be featured prominently then it has to say something about the character. I just don't think that the Q50 says enough about a person to put it in a movie or tv show. Other cars have more personality and also have more presence.

Who in a movie would drive a Q50, and also think about if there would be another car that would better suit that person if you do think of a character that you could see driving one?

#18 ·
As far as including the Q50 in a tv show or movie, I just don't see it happening. If the car is going to be featured prominently then it has to say something about the character. I just don't think that the Q50 says enough about a person to put it in a movie or tv show. Other cars have more personality and also have more presence.

Who in a movie would drive a Q50, and also think about if there would be another car that would better suit that person if you do think of a character that you could see driving one?
:confused::confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.