BMW 335i Interior

Keep in mind this is the M package interior

This is the regular non M package

BMW 328i Sedan

Audi A4

Acura TL

Cadillac ATS

Hyundai Genesis Sedan

This is the R spec. Not sure if that makes a difference.

and just for fun here is the
KIA Optima Hybrid

There is likely other cars that would be suitable (or not) to compare to the Q50. Post them up. I don't know of any other brand apart from Cadillac that is suitable from the domestic market.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The photography is what makes a difference. I'm a part time photographer and I can tell you that photoshop can make a big difference in how materials look in photos vs real life. We see it happen with girls in magazines. The same happens with cars in magazines.

·
Registered
40 Posts
the 2013 lexus is exterior might be really ugly but the interior is sickk!

Mercedes Benz interiors are also nice:

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
BMW interiors are great cause they're driver focused like the rest of the vehicle, but this is also a problem for me cause i like interior designs to stay consistent if you know what i mean

Interior on the Lexus and Benz are perfect examples of this.

BMW also needs to do something about the center stack. The radio and it's controls look like something that belong in a Hyundai

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
While the BMW interior may be driver-focused, there is a lot of wasted space. The worst offender is the center stack. It is unnecessarily wide and the pop up screen looks like an afterthought. Speaking of which, the CLA interior really could have been a lot better.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
While the BMW interior may be driver-focused, there is a lot of wasted space. The worst offender is the center stack. It is unnecessarily wide and the pop up screen looks like an afterthought. Speaking of which, the CLA interior really could have been a lot better.
I don't know where this whole pop up screen idea came from but I was always a big fan of the traditional center screen built into the dash like what the E60 BMW 5 Series had and nearly every BMW out at it's time.

The pop up screen just looks like someone was in need of a GPS unit so they pulled out a GARMIN gps to place on their dash lol CHEAP.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Have you all noticed how many of the manufacturers are putting in asymmetrical center consoles and dashboards nowadays? Just a couple of years ago, the dashboards had to look the same on both sides with the exception of the steering wheel and gauge cluster.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I'll be honest...

I'm going to miss the aesthetic of the sliding cup holder cover on the current G37. I always liked the look that the cup holder cover created along the center tunnel of the car.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have you all noticed how many of the manufacturers are putting in asymmetrical center consoles and dashboards nowadays? Just a couple of years ago, the dashboards had to look the same on both sides with the exception of the steering wheel and gauge cluster.
I prefer it to look different. I've always thought the driver should get a nicer view :D

I even like it when the center console is angled towards the driver.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I'm a little concerned.

Firstly, I noticed that there are no more buttons on the door for 2-person memory seating as seen in the current model.

I'm gonna assume that the memory seating options are now being controlled via the InTouch System...? I guess we'll have to wait to find out exactly all the things the InTouch system will provide.

I will cry if they took out the memory steering/seating.. :(

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can assure you that the memory seat function is still there. There is no way it isn't. It's likely controlled on screen or the button is somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Driver seating memory & other user settings for Q50

But to stay competitive can they really omit such a basic feature?
Infiniti will retain driver seating memory features on the 2014 Infiniti Q50; in addition, ALL driver user settings (radio presets, driving modes, etc.) will be memorized in the same capacity. All memory can be "trained" to the electronic key fob device so as to avoid any other drivers from manipulating the settings on the digital console.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Driver seating memory & other user settings for Q50

That's the thing! :eek:

We won't know 100% for sure until they give us all the details! :(:(
Infiniti will retain driver seating memory features on the 2014 Infiniti Q50; in addition, ALL driver user settings (radio presets, driving modes, etc.) will be memorized in the same capacity. All memory can be "trained" to the electronic key fob device so as to avoid any other drivers from manipulating the settings on the digital console.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts