Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for all you people that say the Q50 looks like #####, and Infiniti Copied ####
I don't really see much of a resemblence between the two except the flat front, but remember this . . . .

was an offspring of this . . .

Which was inspired by this.

And let's just clear some things up for people with a short term memory. This . . .

was not inspired by this . . .

it was inspired by this . . .

which was also the inspiration for this . . .

AND this . . .

and I know I'm in the minority but I still believe this . . .

propelled Infiniti in the design direction that ultimately became this . . .

and even though Lexus copyrighted this . . .

It was actually taken from this . . .

and while im brushing shoulders with our Japanese counterpart . . .
this would not have became this . . .

without a little inspiration from the success of this . . .

because before that it was only this . . .

and the only thing people actually remembered about that car was this:

My point?
This . . .

and this . . .

not to mention this:

and even this . . .

got its influence from this . . .

and this . . . .

has got to inspire a lot of this . . .

·
Registered
298 Posts
Pretty impressive statement!

P.S. When we will see shift lever completely gone from cockpit? It looks so outdated and takes priceless space.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Nice! Good job InfinitiOfOmahaSalesRep. As an industrial designer, it's always hard to explain design languages (and the whole design time frame) to uneducated consumers who see one little thing similar from one car to another and immediately call "copy"!

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Nice! Good job InfinitiOfOmahaSalesRep. As an industrial designer, it's always hard to explain design languages (and the whole design time frame) to uneducated consumers who see one little thing similar from one car to another and immediately call "copy"!
OMG, I found another Industrial Engineer in the world!

Get over here my IE bro! :p :eek:

I feel my temperature rising to 99.9997 degrees. ;)

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
FYI the RWD I-6, Lexus IS 200 debuted in Europe way back in 1997. The IS F also has a skunkworks project to stuff the biggest engine in the smallest Lexus at the time to compete with the M3, etc. Not even sure how they fit here.

To me the Q50 is one of the best looking sedans out right now, no matter if people think its original or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.