Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Has anyone of you tried to exceed the top speed claimed in papers ? In EU it is 250 km/h (~155 mph). I'm just wondering if they limited it electronically like German competition does. At first I thought it is the case, but dealer told me otherwise. Reportedly Q50s are not electronically limited and hybrid should reach 280km/h easily (~174 mph). For sure I will check it by myself on German highways (no speed limitations at all) once I pick it up, but I'm just wondering if anyone of you checked their beasts? :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I believe in the US its limited at 150-160mph as well, saw an instagram clip of guy doing 150mph in the US. I know for sure its not 120 mph;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
That's **** fast!! Would love to see misiektoja on the autobahn doing 150 only to have a Bugatti super sport barreling down on him at 258!!! Lol ... Just finished watching top gear!

·
Registered
181 Posts
My son did 135 MPH and he said he didn't go further because of the traffic. But he said it was easy and he could go much faster. My BMW was limited I think 130 MPH. I will try it on the way to Las Vegas. Always do.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've hit 150 and the car felt like it would've kept going with no problem if it wasn't for the electronic limiter.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I hit 150 in my Q50S Hybrid. 130 is too slow to govern a car in this category. BMW! What's up?!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I hit 150 in my Q50S Hybrid. 130 is too slow to govern a car in this category. BMW! What's up?!
Before getting my Q50 I was looking at a 328i xdrive and I couldn't help but laugh when the salesperson at BMW told me it was governed at 130mph.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've hit 150 and the car felt like it would've kept going with no problem if it wasn't for the electronic limiter.
Hmmmm, so it means my dealer told me BS about no electronic limiter in Q50. I wonder if they can take it off.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you do over 150 regularly?
Not regularly, but sometimes (especially on German highways) it is useful. Many cars go much faster on the left lane and I don't want to be limited by electronic guard :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK, so I finally visited Germany and got a chance to verify my beast on their unlimited highways. I was able to hit 262 km/h (163 mph). It is how it performs:

Infiniti Q50S Hybrid AWD 0-262km/h (0-163mph) Acceleration and Top Speed:

Infiniti Q50S Hybrid AWD 80-210km/h (50-130mph) Acceleration:

Infiniti Q50S Hybrid AWD 140-230km/h (87-143mph) Acceleration

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
OK, so I finally visited Germany and got a chance to verify my beast on their unlimited highways. I was able to hit 262 km/h (163 mph). It is how it performs:

Infiniti Q50S Hybrid AWD 0-262km/h (0-163mph) Acceleration and Top Speed:

Infiniti Q50S Hybrid AWD 0-262km/h (0-163mph) Acceleration and Top Speed - YouTube

Infiniti Q50S Hybrid AWD 80-210km/h (50-130mph) Acceleration:

Infiniti Q50S Hybrid AWD 80-210km/h (50-130mph) Acceleration - YouTube

Infiniti Q50S Hybrid AWD 140-230km/h (87-143mph) Acceleration

Infiniti Q50S Hybrid AWD 140-230km/h (87-143mph) Acceleration - YouTube
That's awesome! Thanks for the share. I wonder why the electrical assistance dropped out for your top speed run though. You still had 3 bars and I don't imagine that run got the battery too hot.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wonder why the electrical assistance dropped out for your top speed run though. You still had 3 bars and I don't imagine that run got the battery too hot.
Yes, I also noticed it and it was true for all the 3 runs I executed. So it seems the electric motor is shut down after the speed of 210 km/h (130 mph). What is funny I have never noticed it until I recorded my runs. I was simply too busy watching the road at that speed :)

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Yes, I also noticed it and it was true for all the 3 runs I executed. So it seems the electric motor is shut down after the speed of 210 km/h (130 mph). What is funny I have never noticed it until I recorded my runs. I was simply too busy watching the road at that speed :)
I will pay attention the next time I go that fast. Same thing here, I'm always watching the road at those speeds.

That being said, there is a great road in Houston for going as fast as you want as long as I don't get caught. I'll try it out once the weather here dries up. It has been raining every day for about a week and a half so the roads are always wet.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I will pay attention the next time I go that fast.
OK, let me know once you check it, I wonder if it is normal or not. I was at full charge starting all the runs (6 bars). On the other hand in the third video (87-143mph run) it starts to shut down the electric motor at 230km/h (143mph). But I was at full charge at 140 km/h (87 mph). Strange thing...

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.