Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figured this would be a good place to share my suspension modifications and pictures.
2014 Premium Q50 3.7

Suspension:
  • Enkei TY-5 19" - 8.5" Wheels (+35 offset)
  • Hankook Ventus V12 evo 2 (245/40/19)
  • Z1 Motorsports front and rear sway bars (both set to softest setting)
  • BC Racing Coilovers (~1-inch drop)
  • Z1 Q50 Aluminum Subframe Bushing Collars
  • Z1 Q50 / Q60 Fully Built R190 Limited Slip Differential (LSD)

Impressions:
I really couldn't be happier with the current configuration. I'm not sure about the other models but my Q50 was way too soft from the factory. I needed the 4-door because of family requirements but I wanted the car to handle like a sports car. In my opinion, it feels like one now. I won't really know until I take it to track, which I plan to do in the fall.
Tire Wheel Car Hood Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Outerwear Sleeve Wood T-shirt Floor

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Hood Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
176 Posts
Very, very nice and great color! That car is in great shape. Based on dialing in my own coilovers, unless that side picture isn't from the suspension fully settled, that isn't 1" drop. With a 1" drop, the tires will be less than a finger gap to the fenders. I bet that ride is firm and feels very solid.

From experience you're going to not like the non-sport brakes after aggressive driving. After my first canyon run and experiencing fade and rotor warp with stock brakes, I went to the sport brake upgrade as one of my first things.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very, very nice and great color! That car is in great shape. Based on dialing in my own coilovers, unless that side picture isn't from the suspension fully settled, that isn't 1" drop. With a 1" drop, the tires will be less than a finger gap to the fenders. I bet that ride is firm and feels very solid.

From experience you're going to not like the non-sport brakes after aggressive driving. After my first canyon run and experiencing fade and rotor warp with stock brakes, I went to the sport brake upgrade as one of my first things.
You're right about both... It is definitely less than an inch. You're also right about the brakes. They are non-sport but I'm running StopTech Rotors, Motul 600, and Hawk Performance HB370N.559 HP Plus Brake Pads. They are loud, dusty and chew up rotor but that's OK with me. I actually swap pads for track days. Because of the weight of the car, it may not be enough but I'll give it a go before spending too much money.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That LSD looks awesome, how is it? I really like your setup, nicely done. Any engine mods?
The LSD is Fkn awesome. it's nice having the extra traction while accelerating out of the turns. It even has a little lock up on deceleration.

Nothing big on the motor side. I've got drop-in K&Ns and an Invidia cat back. Cooling mods are next on the list. I've already purchased a Z1 oil Cooler and purchased the parts to build a custom transmission cooler. Those are being installed next when I catch a little time.

·
Premium Member
2021 Q50 RS400
175 Posts
The LSD is Fkn awesome. it's nice having the extra traction while accelerating out of the turns. It even has a little lock up on deceleration.

Nothing big on the motor side. I've got drop-in K&Ns and an Invidia cat back. Cooling mods are next on the list. I've already purchased a Z1 oil Cooler and purchased the parts to build a custom transmission cooler. Those are being installed next when I catch a little time.
Definately start a new post on the details of your custom tranny cooler install.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definately start a new post on the details of your custom tranny cooler install.
I just finished the Oil and Transmission Coolers. Here is a link to the post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts