Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
They (Pia & the Q50) are beautiful! But what's the story about?

I've watched the rest of the videos. My sense is that they've spent a fortune on marketing (much of which we haven't seen yet) but didn't spend as much testing the car's tech.

Btw, the video also confirms that receiving text messages from an iPhone to inTouch should work.

Reactions: Latrant

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They (Pia & the Q50) are beautiful! But what's the story about?

I've watched the rest of the videos. My sense is that they've spent a fortune on marketing (much of which we haven't seen yet) but didn't spend as much testing the car's tech.

Btw, the video also confirms that receiving text messages from an iPhone to inTouch should work.
They show the text message being visible on the screen while the car is moving; but in reality you can only have the text read to you when you are driving. When driving, the text on the screen says "Text can not be displayed while driving".

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Ahhh! So those were the behind the scene pics shown on a previous thread! Thanks for sharing Aggie! Gabe me an idea for a backdrop @ Elysian Park! :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
They show the text message being visible on the screen while the car is moving; but in reality you can only have the text read to you when you are driving. When driving, the text on the screen says "Text can not be displayed while driving".
Then it must be an inTouch lock up! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Is it just me or does she seem to be driving really slowly for someone in such a hurry?

By the way, I watched it without sound the first time (figured it was just a video about the car - stupid me!!) and it almost looked like there was some kind of story line.

Not so much wi the volume up.

Anyway, gotta give em credit for trying to come up with something new (not unique but new) to get people to see the car and some features. . . and some rushed slo-mo driving.

Terrible execution though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Short film "The Deal" featuring the Q50S 3.7 Liquid Platinum/Graphite

Was just exploring around on the Infiniti web site and found this short film that is a partnership with Infiniti and Motor Trend magazine. It is a 6 minute, 31 second short film/extended commercial for the Q50.

It is very well done and it "stars" (other than the Q50) an EXTREMELY attractive long-haired brunette beauty by the name of Pia Miller. Wow! I like the car even more with her driving it! ;)

Here's "The Deal" film/video from YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LdKmL2QrGA

And here's a little behind the scenes making of "The Deal" from YouTube:

And here's the whole Motor Trend page for it:

The Deal: A Short Film from Motor Trend Starring the All-new Infiniti Q50

And it is available also on the Infiniti site (where I watched it first) at:

Motor Trend Presents The Deal | Q50 | Infiniti USA

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.