Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Production on the Infiniti G37 successor, the Q50, has begun in Japan with the first vehicle rolling off Nissan’s plant in Tochigi, Japan.

The Q50 is the first model built under the Japanese automaker’s new CEO, Johan de Nysschen, and is also the first model to sport Infiniti’s new nomenclature. De Nysschen was on hand for the start of the Q50′s production along with Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn.

The Q50 is powered by a similar 3.7-liter V6 engine with 328 hp mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission. Pricing for the non-hybrid Q50 starts at $37,355 while the hybrid variant will sport a 3.5-liter V6 paired with an electric motor for a combined system output of 354 hp. The hybrid Q50 starts from $44,605.

With the first Q50 rolling off the production line, Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn took it out for a drive on the track. Watch a video below on the Q50.

·
Registered
59 Posts
So far loving how Infiniti is going about making people aware of the Q50, taking it to the track, getting pro drivers behind it and even doing video's like this. Now I just hope we get some numbers on what monthly production will be like, big question going around on this forum!

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
The Q50 is powered by a similar 3.7-liter V6 engine with 328 hp mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission. Pricing for the non-hybrid Q50 starts at $37,355 while the hybrid variant will sport a 3.5-liter V6 paired with an electric motor for a combined system output of 354 hp. The hybrid Q50 starts from $44,605.
Interesting to see how infiniti has taken the Hybrid technology and made a difference rather than just keeping it a gas saver they incorporated performance in to the Q50.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So far loving how Infiniti is going about making people aware of the Q50, taking it to the track, getting pro drivers behind it and even doing video's like this. Now I just hope we get some numbers on what monthly production will be like, big question going around on this forum!
Same! I would like to know the production numbers on the Q50 too once it hits the production lines. Infiniti has a done a good job marketing the Q50 so far. i think it will experience the same amount of interests if not more just like when the first G35 came out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Interesting to see how infiniti has taken the Hybrid technology and made a difference rather than just keeping it a gas saver they incorporated performance in to the Q50.
The Q50 Hybrid will be something else sporting 354hp, I would like to take one for a test drive to feel this torque sensation from the electric motor. I am just glad they made the Hybrid faster instead of lower hp with more milage.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Wondering when production in Tennessee will start?
Per the execs that particular plant in Japan was chosen based on their reputaion for quality. So in my opinion they will continue to build the Q50 in that particular plant in Japan to make sure that they are of the best quality.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Wondering when production in Tennessee will start?
I love the fact that Infiniti is making cars in the US of A. But from what I've seen so far, build quality is much better on their cars built in Japan. The JX is an amazing vehicle, but we probably see 50% more little issues with them than with G's and M's.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Got some good news this morning from the dealer. The factory was able to edit a build in progress to match my preorder. All I wanted changed from the standard was 17" wheels. I still don't trust run flats and am skeptical of the ride quality the 19's will give plus I'd rather pay less when replacing expensive tires. Anyway, the factory will be putting on 17's and I should get a first run car!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Got some good news this morning from the dealer. The factory was able to edit a build in progress to match my preorder. All I wanted changed from the standard was 17" wheels. I still don't trust run flats and am skeptical of the ride quality the 19's will give plus I'd rather pay less when replacing expensive tires. Anyway, the factory will be putting on 17's and I should get a first run car!
Did they lower the total cost of the car for u and if so by how much?

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I still don't trust run flats and am skeptical of the ride quality the 19's will give plus I'd rather pay less when replacing expensive tires. Anyway, the factory will be putting on 17's and I should get a first run car!
I would've at least tried them out first before making the change, but you already know how I feel about pre-ordering, so... :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Well, it's a safe bet. The 19's look brilliant, but I'm looking a few years down the road when the run flats implode or need replacing, and the 17's will be much cheaper to swap out than the 19's. Plus, I can always upgrade to the 19's in the future if I want.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Personally, I'm still skeptical that all run flats are the same in terms of their reliability, noise/comfort, durability, and cost of maintenance, but what do I know...Personal preference above all else!
Totally off topic ... But Simpson love the new avatar... :cool:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.