Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hows everyone doing? Just wanted to say I love how in depth your forum discussions are, it has helped tremendously.

My dealer in Houston finally called and said he has a black hybrid sport rwd fully loaded with all the options as well. Ambient lighting, welcome lighting, black grille, spoiler, technology package! I put a deposit down for the car on Friday. We kind of did a deal on the car where they are offering the car for 59k with ttl.

I guess my question to you is that do you guys really enjoy this car? I do love the car. I've driven it twice and it a a HUGE upgrade from my 2004 g35. I feel that paying 59k for the car is quite high but I guess for all the technology packed into it, it should be a good deal.

I've heard many complaints about the InTouch system freezing and having bugs, but some are expected it being a new model. Would really bug me to pay that much for a car and constantly have to have it fixed?

I know I'm all over the place with this but just want to make sure I'm making the right decision.

Btw The car does look georgeous with the all back grille and rear spoiler.

Please let me know what you guys think :confused:

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry title says red but supposed to be black! Can you tell I'm newbie

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum!

I am kind of in the same situation as u! I came from an 03 G35 and feel like the Q50 is an upgrade all around! Only difference is my config was under 49K so it didnt hurt my pocket as much! So far I love the car and the only problem I have come accross is some minor freeze ups(around 2-3 times only)! Keep in mind that these should be fixed by getting updates so it's not that bad at all and so, for me, the pro's heavily outweigh the cons! No regrets in my purchase and I felt it was the best bang for my buck!

Maybe test drive other cars and see the options you have! Try to find what fits you best financially and what car will make you happy! Obviously spending that much on a car is no joke so get something u wont regret!

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
My car was $53,655 with those same options except I didn't get the sealer addons like ambient lighting, spoiler, etc. What dealer in Houston? I bought mine from west Houston Infiniti and its the exact car you described except I didnt get those dealer addons. I paid a little change over 49k with vpp pricing.

Yes, the car is amazing. Have you seen if you qualified for VPP pricing through your company?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Yes, I saw that. Even then, it seems a little high by about $2k to $3k
It seems about right for MSRP (no VPP). MSRP on that car is $53,655, plus all those addons (ambient lighting, black grille, spoiler, easily will add $2K to that price. Tax of 6.25% in Texas will add $3,500, plus title license, doc fees of $350ish. That brings the total of $59,505. If he had VPP, it would be about $3,800 less.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Mine is fully loaded like your except the ambient lighting. I got it for 2 days and enjoying it so far. Where can you find a high performance luxury hybrid sport car with the industry most loaded techs that look and drive great for under $60K out the door price?
My only concern for you is to make sure you are ok with the trunk space. Double check that if I were you.
I was on the freeway yesterday and even a guy driving a Maserati turn head to looks at my car. Then, a guy driving a Tesla try to maintain speed with my car so he can look at my car. This car certainly got road present.

I guess my question to you is that do you guys really enjoy this car?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where and how do I check if I qualify for VPP pricing? And thanks everyone for the helpful advice.

I'm getting it from southwest Infiniti.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Q50Aggie-

I'm self-employed but have a Hilton owned property but I don't see them on the VPP list I looked up for Nissan and Infiniti. Guess I'll be stuck paying the full price for the Q. But yes that price is with TTL!

The manager told me that he was indeed making profit on the car and that he couldn't budge much on the price due to that being the only one in the country at the moment (which I thought was a sketchy answer) but you never know.

Either way I do love the car. I was originally tossing between this and gs350 Fsport and 535 with m sport package but the BMW came out way too pricey and the Lexus, Well I've never really liked Lexus so I never test drove the car and it doesn't give the wow factor on the freeway, which is very important!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Get the Q. Yes, the inTouch freezing sucks, but I am confident they will get it fixed in short order.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
The manager told me that he was indeed making profit on the car and that he couldn't budge much on the price due to that being the only one in the country at the moment (which I thought was a sketchy answer) but you never know.
There are other dealerships in Houston. If you are not pressed for time, you can shop around. Most are selling at or very near MSRP, but there are other things you can negotiate on.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ghandi, clear lake and north Infiniti both said I would have to order the car. Southwest has it here. I've sent emails to both dealers to see what kind of deal they can do if I order the car. If I can save 3k then it's worth it, but if they are only willing to do it for 1k or something then might just have to buy it now.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've heard many complaints about the InTouch system freezing and having bugs, but some are expected it being a new model
i adamantly disagree that this should be an expectation - you should not expect that there be problems with something just because it's new. that said, i love the car and have no regrets. i would still purchase the car even after reading some of the problems that have been posted here.

Reactions: Latrant

·
Registered
118 Posts
SBhakta and InfinitiPlusOne:

Test drove a Q50 AWD Hybrid Sport local dealer finally got in stock (after test driving, two weeks ago, a AWD Premium and AWD Sport, non-hybrid).

I agree with:

"My only concern for you is to make sure you are ok with the trunk space. Double check that if I were you."

I can't live with the loss of the trunk space for 5 mpg improvement. I also can't live with the loss of the fold down seats. I often travel or have activities that need more trunk space (skeet/trap and work 70 miles from home two days a week).

I'll probably get the AWD sport non-hybrid but I'm still waiting for the software updates. Also, I think remote start makes a lot of sense, to 'boot up' the car. The salesman told me, during the hybrid test drive that the "green car symbol" with arrow below it going both ways in the dash / tach display, indicates all systems have booted up and are ready. He said "you should start the hybrid and wait for that before putting it in drive and moving". I didn't test how long that takes, but something I would look at if you are considering a hybrid. Others might chime in on that if they have the deluxe package with all tech.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am so pissed right now! Southwest Infiniti sold me car to someone else! I put a deposit down and they still sold it. They said that it will take two weeks to get another one! I had a check ready from my bank as well!

·
Registered
146 Posts
wow. did you remind them what a deposit was? i'm guessing there was some sort of gross error? surely they didn't take your deposit and knowingly sell your car. if you can wait, sounds as if you might have just earned yourself a new bargaining tool :). either way good luck, that's frustrating.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.