Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The planned turbo four-cylinder engine will come from the Renault-Nissan Alliance's technology partnership with Daimler. Infiniti will receive an engine derived from the engine used in the Mercedes-Benz C-class.
Smaller high-performance engines have become a necessity in luxury circles as automakers reach for fuel economy gains without giving up luxury-class acceleration and performance.
De Nysschen said the planned diesel also will come from Daimler and initially will be sold only in Europe.
Infiniti Q50 to get turbo four-cylinder engine - Autoweek

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Turbos are all the rage right now.

They're the perfect cars for young professionals and those living in commuter cities.

I test drove a Buick Regal Turbo some time back and I thought it was pretty good.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
These kind of cars sell much better in europe. There is a market for luxury diesel but it is very small here. Think of Mercedes BlueTec and BMW d's. Not very many on the street.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I remember seeing one of those BMW 3 series D and that was the first time i have ever seen a luxury diesel sedan. The market is really small. I guess when people are looking to buy luxury vehicles they dont care about fuel economy and just overlook those benefits.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
They do.. And it's silly. What is not to love about getting 600-700kms a tank on a luxury car? No need for hybrid premiums.

Tons of torque at low rpms. Towing capabilities..

Only disadvantage in my eyes is how they sound. Not too fond of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts