http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/benz/innovation/future/model-2014_CLA#landing

Key Highlights

• Aggressive, four-door design with studded sport grille
  • Turbocharged, 208-hp inline-4 engine delivering 258 lb-ft of torque
  • Advanced dual-clutch 7-speed automatic transmission with shift paddles
  • Front sport seats and three-spoke multifunction sport steering wheel
  • mbrace2 in-vehicle technology suite with available Internet access
  • Full Bluetooth connectivity for music streaming and hands-free calling
  • Available iPod/MP3 Media Interface, harman/kardon surround-sound system, SiriusXM Satellite Radio with Traffic and Weather, and navigation with voice control
  • COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST
  • ATTENTION ASSIST
  • Available Driver Assistance Package featuring DISTRONIC adaptive cruise control, Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist
  • Optional Sport Package includes sport bodystyling, 18-inch wheels and front sport brakes
  • Available limited-production Launch Edition

Let me point out The all-new 2014 CLA

Starting at $29,900.

Thoughts?

See less See more
#3 ·
Valid point, wasn't looking at it like that. I was as if you were looking for an entry level luxurious car which model you'd go for? and somehow I think the q50 would still come out on top..:eek:

#6 ·
I wouldn't touch a CLA because it screams fake Mercedes to me.

It is FWD based and something about it feels fake. It is like Mercedes knows it isn't up to standards and are trying to market it as the real thing.

Reactions: vespaqueen
#14 · (Edited)
I thought the CLA 250 was front wheel biased but could at any given time send the power to the rear rears to gain more traction when the front tires give. Not sure if the CLA can have the same driving characteristic as the CLA in that respect. But who cares about the CLA anyways its a piece of garbage. Mercedes thinks theyre smart to release a corolla type entry level sedan for a cheap price. Just wait till you get it you'll regret it and dred having to pay for stupid high maintenance fees. Pshh german engineering...

#26 ·
I don't think calling someone a troll is getting personal. In internet terms it means someone who says something for the purpose of working people up. I believe that is what you are trying to do.

In any case, I think the CLA is is really good car for it's segment of affordable entry level luxury. The only other competing cars in this segment I can think of are the ILX and Verano. Which don't nearly have the same prestige as Mercedes.

#29 ·
Autoblog just had a comparison review of the ILX and Verano.

I've always been a fan of Honda/Acura. But I was bit surprised by this review. It made me reconsider the Verano.
Oh, Buick has been doing extremely well with the Enclave, Encore, and Lacrosse.

I think the new Regal is fantastic as well. Did you know that I was THIS close to getting a Buick Regal Turbo before I went for the Infiniti G37? I think I made the right choice in the end, but the Regal Turbo is definitely a great commuter car. It's nice to see that they didn't slouch on the Verano Turbo as well.

#39 ·
#42 ·
It'll boil down the that 4Matic system and how it behaves during high speed turns.

In terms of the engine it seems to be very solid. It's all up to how Mercedes puts the power down now (looking at the past it goesnt look good) Most AMG cars don't put down power at all - most of the time because there is way too much of it for two wheels.

#43 ·
I was actually set on these for a while but it feels like the Q50 has become the best bang for the buck for me! The Q50 Hybrid Sport RWD with the options that I need(navi package) comes out a whole lot cheaper than the AMG + the options that I want(multimedia package, panoramic sunroof, bi-xenon headlights, etc.)! I do love those AMG BBKs and the overall look of the CLA45 AMG! :-(

Also, one big downside for me is the size of the backseat in termsnof head and leg room! From what ive seen its pretty cramped so I think the Q50 has been the better choice for my needs!

Reactions: SimpsonTide985
#45 ·
The CLA and Q50 are more similar than you think. There will be a Q50 (called the Q40) with a Mercedes powered 4 cyl. turbo. There will also be a 358 horsepower Q50 Hybrid with AWD option. It will be the only Hybrid AWD in the US. I sell these bad boys for a living. I've already driven the Q50 prototype it was awesome :D

#46 ·
The CLA and Q50 are more similar than you think. There will be a Q50 (called the Q40) with a Mercedes powered 4 cyl. turbo. There will also be a 358 horsepower Q50 Hybrid with AWD option. It will be the only Hybrid AWD in the US. I sell these bad boys for a living. I've already driven the Q50 prototype it was awesome :D
Did you uh...happen to take any photos? :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.