http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/benz/innovation/future/model-2014_CLA#landing

Key Highlights

• Aggressive, four-door design with studded sport grille
  • Turbocharged, 208-hp inline-4 engine delivering 258 lb-ft of torque
  • Advanced dual-clutch 7-speed automatic transmission with shift paddles
  • Front sport seats and three-spoke multifunction sport steering wheel
  • mbrace2 in-vehicle technology suite with available Internet access
  • Full Bluetooth connectivity for music streaming and hands-free calling
  • Available iPod/MP3 Media Interface, harman/kardon surround-sound system, SiriusXM Satellite Radio with Traffic and Weather, and navigation with voice control
  • COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST
  • ATTENTION ASSIST
  • Available Driver Assistance Package featuring DISTRONIC adaptive cruise control, Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist
  • Optional Sport Package includes sport bodystyling, 18-inch wheels and front sport brakes
  • Available limited-production Launch Edition

Let me point out The all-new 2014 CLA

Starting at $29,900.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are comparing a $29,000 dollar 4 cylinder 200hp sedan to a 330hp V6 sedan that starts at $37k.

The CLA is a nice car but it's in a different category. The CLA could be comparable to the late G25.
Valid point, wasn't looking at it like that. I was as if you were looking for an entry level luxurious car which model you'd go for? and somehow I think the q50 would still come out on top..:eek:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I wouldn't touch a CLA because it screams fake Mercedes to me.

It is FWD based and something about it feels fake. It is like Mercedes knows it isn't up to standards and are trying to market it as the real thing.

Reactions: vespaqueen

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I wouldn't touch a CLA because it screams fake Mercedes to me.

It is FWD based and something about it feels fake. It is like Mercedes knows it isn't up to standards and are trying to market it as the real thing.
That's not fair.

It's them trying to open up in a market they've never really been in before. I'd say at least give them a chance to work out the kinks after the CLA..

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I woulsnt exactly compare the CLA to the Q50, theyre just too different of cars. Ones front wheel drive or 4wd and the other is just a RWD. The CLA just seems to be cheaper than the Q50 even though its a mercedes.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Yeah, not a fair comparison at all...Just IMO.

However, depending on the buyer, one can make the argument from a monthly payment perspective--

Buy a CLA or lease a Q50? :cool:
buying a german vs leasing a japanese?

I think you have it the other way around. :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Pretty strong opinion with nothing to back it up other than saying "It feels fake" Troll.
No need to get personal here...
I was just expressing my opinion on the car just like how anyone else would have the right to say what they think of a car.

If you don't like it, move on.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I woulsnt exactly compare the CLA to the Q50, theyre just too different of cars. Ones front wheel drive or 4wd and the other is just a RWD. The CLA just seems to be cheaper than the Q50 even though its a mercedes.
for $3000 more the CLA can have 4matic and apparently it makes the car feel more like a RWD than it does like a FWD or AWD.

Definitely worth comparing these two.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I thought the CLA 250 was front wheel biased but could at any given time send the power to the rear rears to gain more traction when the front tires give. Not sure if the CLA can have the same driving characteristic as the CLA in that respect. But who cares about the CLA anyways its a piece of garbage. Mercedes thinks theyre smart to release a corolla type entry level sedan for a cheap price. Just wait till you get it you'll regret it and dred having to pay for stupid high maintenance fees. Pshh german engineering...

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
This is true, The infiniti Q50 is significantly higher in price and horsepower. How about if we dont compare the both cars overall and just the interior. Which one takes the cake even at a lower cost?:rolleyes:
For interior I would say the Q50. Mercedes didn't do that great of a job with the interior on the CLA250. When you look at the CLA's interior you know your in a entry level car, unlike a car like the lexus IS or Q50....you'll feel like your in something much more than a entry level vehicle.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is true, The infiniti Q50 is significantly higher in price and horsepower. How about if we dont compare the both cars overall and just the interior. Which one takes the cake even at a lower cost?:rolleyes:

I like what you did there. :)

1 - 20 of 294 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.