Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've put purchasing a q50 on hold given the technical issues many are experiencing and the questionable reliability of DAS. Haven't completely ruled out the q50, in fact I love everything about it other than the issues posted on the forum here. Am looking at a hybrid being that I put 15-20k miles a year on the car and am looking to save trips to the pump.

Ran into this article regarding the new us version of the Audi a3/s3. Seems like an interesting option. I wouldn't consider the a3 given that it is greatly under powered for my liking. What do you guys think?
Audi S3 Sedan boasts SAE 296 hp, 0-60 in 4.7 seconds - Autoblog

·
Registered
436 Posts
If you're looking to make a comparison and questioning the "reliability of DAS" then I'd say Gandhi's comment suited the topic very well. Dont you want real feedback from actual owners?

My 0.2 is to buy the Infiniti. At the end of the day I'm sure you already know in your gut which car you want and why. Follow that instinct ;)

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Can someone tell me what the reliability issues with the DAS are supposed to be?:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Can someone tell me what the reliability issues with the DAS are supposed to be?:confused:
There aren't any. There have been some things written where people didn't "like" it. My perspective is that no one explained to those people how it works and how to set up the car to their personal preferences. If you haven't benefited from delivery by a person who really knows what they're talking about, DAS, and the lane control system in particular, can feel a bit strange. Once someone explains what's happening and why, it's an awesome system.

And besides, speaking as a Sox fan, I know not to trust anything that comes out of the mouth of a Yankees fan :cool:

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
There aren't any. There have been some things written where people didn't "like" it. My perspective is that no one explained to those people how it works and how to set up the car to their personal preferences. If you haven't benefited from delivery by a person who really knows what they're talking about, DAS, and the lane control system in particular, can feel a bit strange. Once someone explains what's happening and why, it's an awesome system.

And besides, speaking as a Sox fan, I know not to trust anything that comes out of the mouth of a Yankees fan :cool:
Well Sinecure I am just as happy as I can be with my DAS so far. And it was quite exciting to let go and turn on all the Techies on this morning on the way to work and feel the car coming to a stop for me as the traffic in front of me slowed. I think that was my morning rush!:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Choosing an Audi (specially a new model) over Infiniti for reliability reasons is like marrying a hooker because your wife cheated on you...

I recommend reading Audi forums for a while.
Haha I like the analogy. Of course reliability wise, nothing beats a Japanese car, which I know from experience. Am very familiar with the lack of reliability from Audi.

Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch regarding the DAS, I have only read one or two isolated issues on here which may have not even been due to the DAS in the first place (there is a post about wheel pull someone experienced a few weeks ago).

Thanks for the input thus far :)

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
If the car isn't prepped correctly by the dealership during Pre-Delivery Inspection (what we do when a car rolls off the truck), it can have an issue where it pulls to one side. But once the tech does the full PDI, should work fine.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I actually love the DAS! People are just not accustomed to the feel. Once you drive it for a little while with all the nannies it is an awesome ride!

I too was looking at an Audi albeit an S4 but in the end the reliability and with infiniti constantly rolling out new updates the choice was clear! The Q50 is an awesome car with lots of features!

·
Registered
120 Posts
It looks like the a3/s3 is also a full foot shorter than the Q50, and although it has plenty of "get up and go" according to the numbers, that's a tiny car. There's another thread on here where someone mentioned how small the CLA was....the s3 is 6 inches shorter.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It looks like the a3/s3 is also a full foot shorter than the Q50, and although it has plenty of "get up and go" according to the numbers, that's a tiny car. There's another thread on here where someone mentioned how small the CLA was....the s3 is 6 inches shorter.
Starting to look like the A3/S3 is less of a practical car, but FAST. The Q50 seems to be the better daily driver.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Gandhi, thank you for your input, but that wasn't my question. Have read some questionable issues with DAS but that isn't the purpose of this topic. :)
All aside you don't have to buy DAS at all if it concerns you. It is an option on all but the Hybrid.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Choosing an Audi (specially a new model) over Infiniti for reliability reasons is like marrying a hooker because your wife cheated on you...

I recommend reading Audi forums for a while.
HA, love the analogy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.