Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the interior fit and finish of the new C class Mercedes. Always been a fan of Mercedes products.

The C class range is extended. Which C class would you say best fits the Q50 as a competitor? The C350?

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Hmmm, as far as pricing goes, it competes more directly with the C300.

As far as performance goes, it competes more directly with the C350.

I haven't sat in a C-Class newer than the 2008 C300 though, so I can't say much about the updated interior on a firsthand basis..

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

C350 interior.

THe C350 starts just over 40k I believe. Where as the Q50 should be around 37k similar to the G37 sedan. I think standard features the Q50 beats the C350. A specd out C350 can hit 50k easily. I do like the C350 though. Guess it's the old man in me.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
The C-Class is a remarkably solid car. A C350 costs an extra arm and a leg over a G/Q50, but in some eyes, I can definitely see it being worth it. The badge and perception alone will get you a lot of recognition (if you care about those kinds of things).

I test drove a C300 a few years ago and it's a good machine. I'll probably test drive one of the newer models by the end of the year to compare with the Q50.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a brand perception to it but I personally don't care at all. I think Infiniti.. Especially the G35/G37/ and now the Q50 is a very respectable car. The VQ motor is legendary in my opinion. Very solid V6 with great performance.

I just like the C350 because I do like the interior. I like how it looks. But the price is a bit of a bummer. You can get year end models for a bit cheaper though.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I really like the updated C-class interior too. I do think the only think I don't like about the C-class is the interior door design. It's a little bland.

I like what they've done to the Q50 inside door design

·
Registered
10 Posts
The C class and the G share the same platform because Infiniti and Mercedes Benz are now building cars together. There will be a Q50 sedan housing a turbo inline 4 from Mercedes in the future. Th C class is a beautiful car. Very solid and handles extremely well but its a bit underpowered. They should bump the displacement up to a 3.7 or 3.8.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with the power. That is one of my concerns on the C class. Is the C class and G37 the same chassis? I thought Mercedes is owned by Chrysler now? Where is the info on the turbo inline 4 Q50? I thought it was a diesel for the european market? Or a G25 replacement.

edit found some info on the mercedes - nissan relationship
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...-to-share-c-class-platform-spawn-530-hp-model

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree with the power. That is one of my concerns on the C class. Is the C class and G37 the same chassis? I thought Mercedes is owned by Chrysler now? Where is the info on the turbo inline 4 Q50? I thought it was a diesel for the european market? Or a G25 replacement.

edit found some info on the mercedes - nissan relationship
Next Infiniti G To Share C Class Platform, Spawn 530-HP Model?

Here it is. Its very nice to see that these two great companies are in joint manufacturing. Mercedes or Daimler dropped Chrysler a few years back. Fiat picked up the brand and bought out 20% of its stake to enter into the US market including Dodge and Jeep. Fiat also owns Ferrari, Maserati, and Alfa Romeo. I'm hoping to see what the new IPL and C63 AMG will be like.

Infiniti Adding Mercedes-Sourced Turbo DI 4-cyl. for Q50 | Vehicles & Technology content from WardsAuto

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess you learn something new everyday. Who owns what?!

Here is what I got after research. Maybe you will find something interesting.

BMW owns: BMW, Mini, and Rolls Royce
Fiat owns: Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Fiat, Lancia, Maserati; Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep–20-percent stake
Ford Motor Company owns: Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Volvo (for now), and still owns 13.4 percent of Mazda
General Motors owns: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC. Also owns a controlling interest in Daewoo, as well as Opel and Vauxhall in Europe and Holden in Australia. (Pontiac to be discontinued)
Honda owns: Honda, Acura
Hyundai owns: Hyundai, Kia
Tata Motors (India) owns: Jaguar and Land Rover
Mazda (partially owned by Ford)

Mitsubishi
Daimler AG owns: Mercedes-Benz and Smart
Nissan owns: Nissan and Infiniti (Nissan is owned by Renault--France)
Porsche owns: Porsche and a majority share in Volkswagen
Subaru (A controlling interest of Subaru is owned by Toyota)

Suzuki
Toyota Motor Company owns: Lexus, Toyota, Scion, Daihatsu and Hino Motors, with a stake in Fuji Industries (Subaru’s parent company) and Isuzu
Volkswagen owns: Audi, Volkswagen, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, and overseas SEAT and Skoda.
In formal negotiations to be sold:
Hummer: Tengzhong (China)
Saturn: Penske Automotive Group
Saab: Koenigsegg (Sweden)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had thought the US retracted the contract with China over Hummer? I could be wrong. But Toyota owns 40% stake in Subaru.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I guess you learn something new everyday. Who owns what?!

Here is what I got after research. Maybe you will find something interesting.

BMW owns: BMW, Mini, and Rolls Royce
Fiat owns: Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Fiat, Lancia, Maserati; Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep–20-percent stake
Ford Motor Company owns: Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Volvo (for now), and still owns 13.4 percent of Mazda
General Motors owns: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC. Also owns a controlling interest in Daewoo, as well as Opel and Vauxhall in Europe and Holden in Australia. (Pontiac to be discontinued)
Honda owns: Honda, Acura
Hyundai owns: Hyundai, Kia
Tata Motors (India) owns: Jaguar and Land Rover
Mazda (partially owned by Ford)

Mitsubishi
Daimler AG owns: Mercedes-Benz and Smart
Nissan owns: Nissan and Infiniti (Nissan is owned by Renault--France)
Porsche owns: Porsche and a majority share in Volkswagen
Subaru (A controlling interest of Subaru is owned by Toyota)

Suzuki
Toyota Motor Company owns: Lexus, Toyota, Scion, Daihatsu and Hino Motors, with a stake in Fuji Industries (Subaru’s parent company) and Isuzu
Volkswagen owns: Audi, Volkswagen, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, and overseas SEAT and Skoda.
In formal negotiations to be sold:
Hummer: Tengzhong (China)
Saturn: Penske Automotive Group
Saab: Koenigsegg (Sweden)
This is a very good break down of the different ownerships across the board. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that the Dodge Charger and the Chrysler 300 had share the same chassis set up from the Mercedes C-class. I'm pretty sure I heard that from a Dodge/Chrysler dealership.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that the Dodge Charger and the Chrysler 300 had share the same chassis set up from the Mercedes C-class. I'm pretty sure I heard that from a Dodge/Chrysler dealership.
I highly doubt that. I say that because the Charger and 300 are pretty **** big cars and I think the C-class is classified as a compact the last time I checked.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I highly doubt that. I say that because the Charger and 300 are pretty **** big cars and I think the C-class is classified as a compact the last time I checked.
Yeah. You're right. I just remember the dealership saying something about Mercedes having a hand in the chassis set up.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yeah. You're right. I just remember the dealership saying something about Mercedes having a hand in the chassis set up.
Probably the chassis design was partially developed by Mercedes or Mercedes having some role in it's development.

Curious what exactly they did.

I bet the dealership uses that as more ammo to sell someone a charger :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts