Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
People can't stop saying great things about the ATS. It's right up there with the Q50 with my favorite of the new cars in the segment this generation.

I've only sat in one at the NAIAS, but I haven't had the opportunity to drive one yet..

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think options for options of "bang for your buck" features vs price. Nothing beats the G37 and now the Q50. I am interested in the performance aspect of the ATS though. People who drive it seem to like it more than the 3 series BMW.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Cadillac has done an amazing job with the ATS, they built it to rival the 3-series and they came through on their word. It's a true 3-series competitor. How I see it, Infiniti has a lot of catching up to do to keep up with Cadillac, BMW and Lexus with their IS.

Infiniti has the potential, now to see if they will put it to work.

·
Registered
407 Posts
the Cadillac ATS 2.0L Turbo AWD premium will be a good competitor to the Q50's AWD model. So far the ATS sits at $50k, not sure what the Q50 will be but if priced right it will be tough to decide between the two.

Might come down to which brand YOU prefer rather than what each car offers.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I think options for options of "bang for your buck" features vs price. Nothing beats the G37 and now the Q50. I am interested in the performance aspect of the ATS though. People who drive it seem to like it more than the 3 series BMW.
That's interesting to hear about the ATS. Do you have a link?

·
Registered
432 Posts
That's interesting to hear about the ATS. Do you have a link?
Don't be lazy, use Google and find it yourself:

Car and Driver and MotorTrend are some big name magazines that have openly said the performance on the ATS is better than the BMW 3 Series.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Don't be lazy, use Google and find it yourself:

Car and Driver and MotorTrend are some big name magazines that have openly said the performance on the ATS is better than the BMW 3 Series.
^ what he said.

I can't wait for the Cadillac ATS-V. Cadillac did an awesome job with the CTS-V, and now they're working on a new generation CTS.

ATS-V vs. Q50 IPL will be a nice battle, although I know the ATS-V will eat the Q50's food.

·
Registered
59 Posts
GM also plans to create more hybrid vehicles starting with the Cadillac ATS. This should be interesting match up against the Q50 Hybrid as well.
Infiniti will be in trouble when that happens. While Infinit is trying to improve the Q50 up to the point that it can officially be a BMW 3 series competitor, Cadillac has reached that with their ATS, making the battle between the two nearly fair game.

A hybrid Cadillac ATS would be even more killer. Cadillac needs to jump on that idea quickly.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I totally agree with you cadillac had gone upstream with the ATS. If they were to make a hybrid model of the ATS and bring it to the table this might be a game changer for this new performance hybrid segment. But reliability is still questionable on the ATS though.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I test drove both the ATS and the Q50.

The ATS felt a little bit more refined and a tad bit smoother, but I wasn't a fan of the ATS' transmission. I was digging the interior design of the ATS a lot more than the 3-Series though...The 3-Series felt a little bit livelier.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I test drove both the ATS and the Q50.

The ATS felt a little bit more refined and a tad bit smoother, but I wasn't a fan of the ATS' transmission. I was digging the interior design of the ATS a lot more than the 3-Series though...The 3-Series felt a little bit livelier.
The bolded part got me jumping and excited for your Q50 review...until I realized it was a typo. :( What a tease...

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think we can expect a nice long writeup when Simpson drives the Q50.

What other cars do you have to test drive? You haven't done Audi or Acura yet. You should also test drive a Mercedes equivalent.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I think we can expect a nice long writeup when Simpson drives the Q50.

What other cars do you have to test drive? You haven't done Audi or Acura yet. You should also test drive a Mercedes equivalent.
Nah, I'm passing on Acura.

I test drove a TSX a few years ago and I didn't like it. Maybe if they plan on a redesign/refresh later this year, maybe I'll give it another chance. :D

I was supposed to test an S4 and an A5 last week, but priorities got shifted..

I'm holding off on any Mercedes testing until the new C and CLA classes are in.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.