Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Mine doesn't do that until I put my hand on the door handle. And I don't think my headlights come on when I put my hand on the door handle either. How do you do that?

·
Registered
697 Posts
The front lights come on only if the car was locked. As far as I know the car doesnt have proximity sensor like my old M37s. I miss that for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
I think that the headlight stalk needs to be in the Auto position, but the lights only do come on when you touch the door handle.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Yeah I like when you walk by our M37 with the key in your pocket, the lights on the door light up.

Reactions: Q50Fan

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I think that the headlight stalk needs to be in the Auto position, but the lights only do come on when you touch the door handle.
I'll have to check again, maybe I don't notice it because I'm already at the door. Thanks Carolina.

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
It's like it's speaking to you :cool:

Got to love how cool our Infiniti's can be.
A great factory option would be puddle lights. I think VIP puddle lights that come on when you unlock the car is super cool.

If by puddle lighting you mean the lights under the doors that is what the Welcome Lighting package does. I have it installed in my Q50. Looks just like the picture you posted.

As for your headlights they come on when you put your hand in the door and/or hit the unlock on your key fob. That is also how the Welcome Lighting package (puddle?) work.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
If by puddle lighting you mean the lights under the doors that is what the Welcome Lighting package does. I have it installed in my Q50. Looks just like the picture you posted.

As for your headlights they come on when you put your hand in the door and/or hit the unlock on your key fob. That is also how the Welcome Lighting package (puddle?) work.
Well Looky There!!! It's the iChicky!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts

Wow iChick...thought you disappeared.

·
Registered
160 Posts
So does this mean that the commercial is kind of false advertising? I want my car to light up when I walk up to it! Is this what happens with the welcome lighting package?

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
So does this mean that the commercial is kind of false advertising? I want my car to light up when I walk up to it! Is this what happens with the welcome lighting package?
Welcome Lighting package only comes on when you unlock the car (by putting your hand in the door handle or via key fob). It does not come on by simply approaching the vehicle. :(

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome Lighting package only comes on when you unlock the car (by putting your hand in the door handle or via key fob). It does not come on by simply approaching the vehicle. :(
Well the commercial is just completely misleading! I knew it did it when I hit the key fob or touched the handle, and I love it, but it would be awesome for it to do it by proximity. Oh, well, love my car anyway! :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well the commercial is just completely misleading! I knew it did it when I hit the key fob or touched the handle, and I love it, but it would be awesome for it to do it by proximity. Oh, well, love my car anyway! :D
Some people call it puddle lights, and I get what you mean by hoping it would turn on by proximity. Because by the time you touch the handle, well, you're already standing in the puddle.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Yup it is misleading! We have to now assume the dude not only has the key fob in his hand and clicks it while approaching, he is also not the primary driver because his picture appears in the welcome greeting. Turns out primary driver's picture doesn't display which is COMPLETELY ridiculous! Ha

Reactions: Soon2Q50

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yup it is misleading! We have to now assume the dude not only has the key fob in his hand and clicks it while approaching, he is also not the primary driver because his picture appears in the welcome greeting. Turns out primary driver's picture doesn't display which is COMPLETELY ridiculous! Ha
Agreed on the picture display! That doesn't make sense! I'm just going to have to set myself as a secondary driver as well so that I can see a picture of myself every time I get in the car :p

Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
As far as getting my picture to come up when I get in the car: Even if I knew how to do it, I definitely would not! The car's working great now - why should I take a chance on breaking the thing.:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.