Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't think the Q50 counts as a mid life crisis car.

It is a reliable V6 sedan with respectable performance. The hybrid will make it economical.

If anything I think it is a very mature option for a car. To me it is more realistic than a BMW or other German brands.

-Cheaper maintenance
-Better on gas (hybrid)
-More reliability

None of those seem like mid life crisis reasons to me.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Maybe if the rumors are true about a 550hp Q50, then that would be the mid life crysis car, but otherwise I think this car is for the middle age person looking for something that is reliable, good looking, and that might want to have some fun with a spirited weekend drive every once and a while. Out of all of the G37's and even G25's I've seen around town I have never seen one person try to push the car past 3k rpm off a light. I may be one of the only people in town that do. ;) I love that exhaust note.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Maybe if the rumors are true about a 550hp Q50, then that would be the mid life crysis car, but otherwise I think this car is for the middle age person looking for something that is reliable, good looking, and that might want to have some fun with a spirited weekend drive every once and a while. Out of all of the G37's and even G25's I've seen around town I have never seen one person try to push the car past 3k rpm off a light. I may be one of the only people in town that do. ;) I love that exhaust note.
Thats where I believe the Q50 stands at the moment, with the crowd of middle aged people but it's getting up to a level that even older people can appreciate. The Q50 seems more like a car for everyone unlike the G35 and G37 that was more suitable for a middle age person.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
So who do you think will be the main age group that will purchase the Q50. Will it be a young gun's rocket or someone's mid life crises mobile?

This is a good topic. But... a mid life crissis vehicle would be more like a corvette, porshe, dodge viper or even a ferrari. That would make more sense to me. Obviously a budget comes in hand but when these folks go out they go big.

As a young guns rocket, maybe not so much. The price really leaves them in the water. Maybe when it depreciates enough sure. So i would say it would mostly appeal to the age around late 20s to late 30s.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Oh how sweet it would be for Infiniti if there was a IPL Q50 or Q60 that was 550hp...

my only concern is that the market for the car would be small. It would have to cost more than a GTR.. And that would mean it would be out of reach for most people. Either way I think Infiniti needs a Halo car just like how Acura has the NSX and Lexus has the LF-A and now the LF-LC.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't know how true it is that the IPL Q50 and Q60 will be packing 550hp but if it were that would be the next big thing. The only probably is where does that leave us in terms of cost for one?

If there were to be an Infiniti halo car competing with some of those you mentioned. I think it would have to be the Infiniti Essence.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
The essence could be some sort of IPL Q60 concept. It would either be a Q60 or a new model all together. A halo car is needed to boost Infiniti.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Wow guys, nice avatars. If I become a premium member is it mandatory to have a sexy female avatar lol.

Anyways, back to the subject. I agree it is far too expensive as someones first car. And It doesn't quite have to branding that middleagers go for. Mid 20s to 30s sounds about right.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Wow guys, nice avatars. If I become a premium member is it mandatory to have a sexy female avatar lol..
All I can say is that...I was the first. :p :cool: :D

Anyways, back to the subject. I agree it is far too expensive as someones first car. And It doesn't quite have to branding that middleagers go for. Mid 20s to 30s sounds about right.
Agreed. I think Middleagers are much more fond of the M/Q70 or the crossovers...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Advertisement

I don’t know if this is the right location for this but I believe one of the major hurdle Infiniti need to attack is advertising. I still haven't seen a commercial on the new Q50. Infiniti don’t have nearly the amount of commercials as Mercedes, BMW or Audi. I haven’t seen any Infiniti car in a major movie as I've seen with Audi, Mercedes or BMW.

So hopefully with this new brand that would be something Infiniti would address.

:cool: I’m also a horsepower and torque man, when will Infiniti compete with the Cadillac CTS-V, Audi S8, BMW B7 or Mercedes AMG?

I am a proud owner of a third Infiniti car purchased and currently have the first model of the M56. Oh, when is the new line of the Q70 going to be release? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Advertisement

I don’t know if this is the right location for this but I believe one of the major hurdle Infiniti need to attack is advertising. I still haven't seen a commercial on the new Q50. Infiniti don’t have nearly the amount of commercials as Mercedes, BMW or Audi. I haven’t seen any Infiniti car in a major movie as I've seen with Audi, Mercedes or BMW.

So hopefully with this new brand that would be something Infiniti would address.

:cool: I’m also a horsepower and torque man, when will Infiniti compete with the Cadillac CTS-V, Audi S8, BMW B7 or Mercedes AMG?

I am a proud owner of a third Infiniti car purchased and currently have the first model of the M56. Oh, when is the new line of the Q70 going to be release? Does anyone know?

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
There are commercials from Infiniti on TV. When they do play them - I see them often.

I haven't seen a commercial for the Q50 on TV yet. Or any ads anywhere else apart from the internet.

If the rumors of the 500+hp IPL is true maybe your wish will come true. That will likely be the AMG / M competitor.

Better question is - how much will it cost us? Over 100k?

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I do see Infiniti commercials here and there, but not much on the Q50 yet..

I do think, compared to heavy hitter promotions like Ford, GM, Lexus, and now Kia, Infiniti definitely should do a little bit more to getting their product out there on the prime time slots.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I don't think that Infiniti would spend millions on a commercial for a car that was still 5+ months away from hitting the showroom floor, especially when they are trying to empty their lots with the current G37. Now that we are getting closer to the release date we may start seeing them in the next month or two.

This commercial has been airing on all of my local channels.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Yes, marketing is definitely Infiniti's WEAKEST point. They do have commercials out there, but it seems in not very visible places. Besides the holiday season when they run the snowball ad. I have seen a good bit for the JX and the one posted above, hopefully that holds true for the Q50 and there after. I am sure this is one of the areas Johan will be working to fix. Its been a problem from day one with Infiniti.

And its too early for any Q50 advertising.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Yes, marketing is definitely Infiniti's WEAKEST point. They do have commercials out there, but it seems in not very visible places. Besides the holiday season when they run the snowball ad. I have seen a good bit for the JX and the one posted above, hopefully that holds true for the Q50 and there after. I am sure this is one of the areas Johan will be working to fix. Its been a problem from day one with Infiniti.

And its too early for any Q50 advertising.

I agree with that. Infiniti has never made any serious effort to market their cars. I know GM try's to market their stuff where ever possible. When the Chevy Cruze was coming out nearly everywhere I went I saw a Cruze ad.

Maybe if infiniti steps up their advertising they can see a good increase in sales.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.