Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I've found the forum a few weeks ago and read it regularly, as I'm interested in q50s and there is a lot of valuable topics about issues (thanks for that). Do you know anything about european distribution of q50s? is there any difference between US and EU distribution, or should i expect that EU has the same technical problems like US?

I've contacted polish infiniti dealer and they told me that they reported no problems from the beginning of the sales. Do you think that it's possible? ps. the winter in Poland this year was sometimes -20 celsius degrees.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
It depends on the Manufacturing date of the car.
And it depends on if the car has DAS electric steering.
That was the main issue in the cold.

A Q50S gaser doesn't have DAS unless it has the one of the tech packages.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It depends on the Manufacturing date of the car.
And it depends on if the car has DAS electric steering.
That was the main issue in the cold.

A Q50S gaser doesn't have DAS unless it has the one of the tech packages.
Unfortunately, there is no chance to buy Q50S without DAS In EU distribution. The only model without DAS is 2,2d (diesel).

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think all Q50s for US & UE markets are coming from the same factory. Even if you compare the specification everything is the same including all the options. Of course it all depends on the manufacturing day, but I believe we can expect the same issues. I own the car for almost 5 weeks and some of the things reported by infinitiq50.org users are visible in my car as well. Nothing serious so far, but let's be honest - there is no car on the market without any flaws :)

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
You'd probably rather own the 2.2d without DAS if you're in Poland. I'm no expert on Europe but most countries tax the crap out of fuel, and diesel ends up being an attractive alternative as a result. Have you driven the diesel yet?

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
I think all Q50s for US & UE markets are coming from the same factory. Even if you compare the specification everything is the same including all the options. Of course it all depends on the manufacturing day, but I believe we can expect the same issues. I own the car for almost 5 weeks and some of the things reported by infinitiq50.org users are visible in my car as well. Nothing serious so far, but let's be honest - there is no car on the market without any flaws :)

And your Tech Package save you from a rear end collision too!
I must admit though when the accelerator started moving my foot up the first time I almost had a heart attack!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've driven a diesel for one day while I had to leave my hybrid at the Infiniti Service Center. This engine coming from Mercedes-Benz is a big mistake. It is really loud, generates unpleasant noise, sends a lot of vibration into the cabin and it works almost like a tractor :) Not mentioning unsatisfying performance (0-60 in 8.3-8.5 secs), which I think does not match Infiniti's character.

The seven-speed auto gearbox is also different than in 3.5 hybrid and 3.7. Many people complain it is very slow and has hard time to decide which gear to pick. I've driven the manual gearbox, so I can't confirm it, but it is what I've read on different websites.

Steering is also strange, it feels like it does not correctly translates my intentions on the road and it seems to be quite heavy, especially at low speeds. Some people complain it needs constant corrections, altought I did not observe it.

I must admit though when the accelerator started moving my foot up the first time I almost had a heart attack!
I had the same impression the first time I experienced it :) It's like saying 'Hold on my friend, you don't want to do this' :D

Reactions: CarolinaQ50
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.