Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Official Infiniti Q55 Wagon Cross Over Thread

Infiniti Q50 Estate Rendered

Infiniti announced a new naming system in December last year. This uses Q for the sedans and coupes and SX fro crossovers and SUVs. The first new model to use this system is the Q50 sports sedan unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show in January.

This replaces the old G sedan and launches itself into a very competitive market, filled with German warriors packed with the latest compact car technology. Diesels are the first item on Infiniti's agenda, as the Q50 will be once again shown in March, this time in Geneva and sporting a turbo diesel engine from Mercedes.

However, while they have managed to create a fresh design, and are getting ready to secure secure diesel and turbo petrol engines from Mercedes, two quarters of a good car doesn't make a whole.

We wondered what an all-important wagon or estate version of the Q50 would look like, and graphics manipulator Theophilus Chin came to the rescue with a rendered Q50 estate he calls the Q55. Mind you, he's also produced a stunner of a coupe about a week ago, based on the same new Infiniti design lines.
Would you guys be interested in this Inifniti Q55 Cross over / wagon if it ever makes it to production in North America?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I've always been a fan of station wagons but never made it in stone with buy one. i can't recall premium wagons ever being a popular in north america. Europe though, is a popular market for such cars and many premium car makers sell station wagon variants of their popular cars in European auto market. It' seems like ever premium automaker has this up their sleeve but just how effective will it be in the US.

Another competitor has the same idea and may be in the works at the moment. Mercedes is playing with the same idea with their not even release entry level compact the Mercedes CLA. Here is another rendering to have a look at.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't see a trend for wagons in the next couple years to come back with a fight. The European automakers are well know for this in the Euro marker and plan on making a foot print herNorth America but will they take the bait. I don't know about you guys but i certainly don't mind. It meets the criteria of transporting car seats and stroller while allowing me to believe I'm driving a sports car again.

If you look back at the wagons on the market in the past you can see why they failed. Ugly looks and designs drove them off.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's alright but the design comparing it to the rest of the competitors i'd say this one is the ugly duckling. It reminds me a stretched Infiniti JX.

·
Registered
2016 QX50 Touring AWD Malbec Black 325 HP ~ the Original CUV
18 Posts
November 17th all new Infiniti QX55 will be revealed heralding the brand’s return to the luxury crossover coupe segment it created almost two decades ago.

With a roofline and visual elements inspired by the iconic INFINITI FX, the QX55’s provocative design will fuse the stance and versatility of a premium mid-size crossover with the sleek profile of a sports coupe. Beyond its provocative looks, the QX55 will also feature innovative technologies designed to empower, engage and connect luxury customers to the road ahead.

The all-new QX55 will be revealed in a one-of-a-kind streaming concert experience on November 17, 2020 at 5:55 PM (PST) headlined by global superstar Aloe Blacc from the iconic Belasco Theater in Los Angeles and produced by Live Nation

Mark your Calendars !

IMG_8264.jpg

Compared the 2008 through 2017 EX, EX35, EX37, QX50 . . . .

Here's what we expect to get ( Russian Spy Version Depicted Below . . .

2021-infiniti-qx55-rendering-rear.jpg

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
We already have station wagons here. They are just a little taller with a greater propensity to roll over. Come winter I see them upside down in a ditch all of the time.
But you can "sit up higher".

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,358 Posts
I do like those rims.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
2016 QX50 Touring AWD Malbec Black 325 HP ~ the Original CUV
18 Posts
The Reveal Happened for the QX55 . . .

Infiniti-2022-the-brands-Infiniti-in-new-qx55-2022-new-Infiniti-qx55-2022.jpg

Pretty much just a Different Roof Line on the Same Platform & Guts of the present day QX50 . . .

Plenty of Pics & Vids out there, Coming to showrooms in the U.S. Spring of 2021 . . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts