Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very upset with Infiniti over the last few months after being extremely pleased with them for three years prior. I recently lease an Infiniti Q50 for 24 months with intouch without Navigation. Very excited with this purchase based on the potential capability I was sold on with the apps they were going to release in Fall 2013*. Originally all infiniti perephenilia listed Apps being released in Fall 2013 now they have changed that to just late availability and no time frame in place. I was also sold on the Bluetooth capabilities and text messaging capabilities but later found out this was not available on the Iphone 5s or with IOS 7. I feel like I have been taken advantage of and that Infiniti has dropped the ball greatly recently especially in their IT apps department. Now they are having challenges and have a recall with their Steer by Wire, what's next they become insolvent? I am very unhappy with infiniti and wish they would be truthful and would get a handle on what they have marketed and created.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I work in tech.
So to me early adoption which is what you did buying a first year brand new car will always come with a few problems.
In essence it comes with the territory.

All the tech having issue's is brand new tech.

To put it in a diffrent perspective you don't see anyone having engine problems for example because the engine is tried and tested.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
InTouch

Initially attracted with the Intouch system but after driving it over 3 months. Lately, I barely use those system other than browsing music, music setting, and GPS. Those are just convenient and nice to have but at the end of the day, what matters is the driving pleasure. I won't spend the whole time sitting in car playing the InTouch. iPad does it better! I won't play with it while driving... oh no... that would be :eek:

It is a nice and luxury car but I still miss my G Coupe. It is so luxurious I can't even feel the car is fast which makes me realized that I am more to a driver type and prefer the feeling that the car is like an extension of my body and feels agile.

I am just saying it is the reason why you buy this kind of car.... all the tech, you can find a better tech in Ford and half of the price... (and save the world with half of the money, joking aside).

I think Infiniti was trying to sell the car more by advertising the Tech to attract more people. In that case, it is super expensive tech.... Ipad AIR only costs $499 and attach it to your dashboard like CLA :D

Just my 2 cents with so many issues people spending so much money for gadget that has nothing to do with Driving.

If would be good if you could list which apps that you are expecting to be available for you that worth $50K.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
DAS is only affecting 25 cars... and only in the cold weather. It is expected to have more problem... which it is actually lower than my expectation.

I, myself, is an engineer and design things on daily basis. With getting the product into market, etc, Im not surprised it has issues at the very early adoption. One thing I notice, Infiniti is good at taking the customer feedback because they want to compete with German cars. Those issues are minor and it has not issue with safety. The only major issue is DAS which is handled a while back (check MR.Q50 case) and they took care of it long way back before the news came out. It is a scary legal issue if it endanger people.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Very upset with Infiniti over the last few months after being extremely pleased with them for three years prior. I recently lease an Infiniti Q50 for 24 months with intouch without Navigation. Very excited with this purchase based on the potential capability I was sold on with the apps they were going to release in Fall 2013*. Originally all infiniti perephenilia listed Apps being released in Fall 2013 now they have changed that to just late availability and no time frame in place. I was also sold on the Bluetooth capabilities and text messaging capabilities but later found out this was not available on the Iphone 5s or with IOS 7. I feel like I have been taken advantage of and that Infiniti has dropped the ball greatly recently especially in their IT apps department. Now they are having challenges and have a recall with their Steer by Wire, what's next they become insolvent? I am very unhappy with infiniti and wish they would be truthful and would get a handle on what they have marketed and created.
That's unfortunate to hear but sounds like you're being a little hyperbolic, but maybe there's more going on?

Ok, so you think you were being taken advantage of? How exactly? You mean with the Bluetooth capabilities? This is sorta disheartenening for two reasons--#1, this has a little bit to do with you not doing enough research/time test driving the car to make sure that the capabilities would be there for your phone. #2, your dealer should have put in the work to make sure that all of your devices were compatible with the Q50's apps. So, I wouldn't put all of the blame towards Infiniti in this regard however your frustrations are understandable either way...and with that, I don't think it has anything to do with a lack of what they're marketing or what they've created. That's not necessarily to make excuses for not having this capability but in every car I've ever test driven, the very first thing I do is to make sure that I have connectivity. If I were a betting man, I would not be surprised if the 2015 models expanded their Bluetooth capabilities or providing a way to upgrade the 2014 models to included additional Bluetooth devices.

As mentioned before, recalls are incredibly common and they're nothing new, especially in new model vehicles. This shouldn't even be an issue worth fretting over specifically. We've even had much experience with highly perceived and well regarded and established vehicles undergoing massive recalls and so, in the grand scheme of things, it's negligible, however I suppose it could be morally disheartening but only from the outside looking in.

I don't have enough information concerning the Steer by Wire issues to know exactly how much of an impact its issues are having or whether or not they are either symptoms or a larger problem or if they can be easily fixed with an electronic upgrade, so unless you specifically are having issues with the Steer by Wire (which it doesn't sound like you do), I would look at this from a largely positive perspective.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I work in tech.
So to me early adoption which is what you did buying a first year brand new car will always come with a few problems.
In essence it comes with the territory.

All the tech having issue's is brand new tech.

To put it in a diffrent perspective you don't see anyone having engine problems for example because the engine is tried and tested.

You haven't been paying attention. The Q50 is perfect. If anyone is having issues with the car, the problem is the driver. Not the car. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agree

I agree with the remarks to my lack of personal research on the vehicle. My dealer was aware of the phone I had and I had entrusted in him to sway me in the right direction as he did 3 years prior. My point being that today when buying a vehicle there is not only the importance in the engine (which they haven't changed in several years) and driveability but a big piece in the technology. If you can't get this right you are going to have a hard time competing. I recently rented a competitors vehicle which was very low end and the technology aspects worked seamlessly with both my iphone and the apps they offered. I realize that the Droid platform may be greater utilized worldwide but within the US I think it is very apparent that apple has a large market share so for someone to compete in this market I think it is important their vehicles are compatible with this OS and if not make sure they advertise this. Above all else, they removed the back up sensors on the premium package which was a huge safety flaw after becoming used to the old premium package which offered these. I don't think they did this for benefits to the driver but better yet to their bottom line.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
You haven't been paying attention. The Q50 is perfect. If anyone is having issues with the car, the problem is the driver. Not the car. :rolleyes:
I'm as sarcastic as anyone, but there's usually a reason for it - in the least, it's to make a joke. I haven't read anybody's posts on this forum that intimated that the car is perfect, or that the problems are the drivers' faults. I sympathize with anyone who has a legitimate problem, and I hope that those problems that are out there can be fixed, and quickly. You, on the other hand, feel that anyone who likes the car, or has something positive to say about a feature, is calling the car perfect. That's not what they are saying, and obviously, that causes your bubble of negativity to be shattered. I hope you can find out some day why you feel so threatened by contrary opinions.:(

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
I'm as sarcastic as anyone, but there's usually a reason for it - in the least, it's to make a joke. I haven't read anybody's posts on this forum that intimated that the car is perfect, or that the problems are the drivers' faults. I sympathize with anyone who has a legitimate problem, and I hope that those problems that are out there can be fixed, and quickly. You, on the other hand, feel that anyone who likes the car, or has something positive to say about a feature, is calling the car perfect. That's not what they are saying, and obviously, that causes your bubble of negativity to be shattered. I hope you can find out some day why you feel so threatened by contrary opinions.:(
++++++1

Reactions: SnowItch

·
Registered
982 Posts
Or why you feel to threatened by someone complaining? There is also a member here who went out of his way to join the ClubIS forum to defend the Q50.

LOL

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's not what he was saying. He was being obviously sarcastic. You should know sarcasm since you are "as sarcastic as anyone", right?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Maybe you both should just cut your loses and trade in the car. Your never going to like it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This has been my experience so far...Before my Q50S, I had an A5 Audi which was a beast! I loved that car, just hated the dealership. They were rude and I just had bade experience after bad experience. I swore that my next car would come from a Ray Catena dealership, who was known for their customer service. Unfortunately Ray Catena does not have an Audi dealership. I had leased the Audi. Through the years I have saved up money and have recently decided to start my family. I researched cars, test drove many and honestly nothing really met my fancy. Mercedez was nothing great and BMW has not changed the interior of their car in YEARS. I went to Infiniti, because my husband had the G37 Coupe and loved it. I was looking for a four door family car that still had spunk and class. The guy at the infiniti dealership told me about this new model they were releasing in JUNE. I was like, this is perfect! My lease for the Audi was up in June. After reading everything the car had to offer and going over everything with the sales guy I was sold. I was paying CASH for this car so I wanted everything and anything because I would have this car for a LONG TIME and wanted to be 100% satisfied. I was told of all the cutting edge technology it would offer. That I wouldn't have to ever worry about texting and driving because this car does everything for you. "their intouch" system was incredible and offered apps like Facebook, Pandora etc. I was amazed at the cameras in the car (which many cars already had), but loved that it had all these features. I also liked the fact that the car was being built around the run flat tires because they tend to give the car a bumpier ride than regular tires. So I pre-ordered my car in February...anticipating the June release.
Now it's the end of June and the dealership tells me oh by the Fourth of July the car will be ready. The fourth comes and goes and still no car. I am now without a vehicle basically until August 5th, when I drove my car off the lot. They lied to me in the release date and honestly that meant a lot to me because I was careless for a good month and a half. Now after I drove my car off the lot I ended up losing 3 lug nuts on the highway because some jerk didn't tighten the tire on all the way and I literally could of shaken the tire off the car. Luckily I am ok. Then my intouch system freezes and on occasion when it freezes the screen will go black. I can't control the sound on the radio, the climate of the car, the cameras don't work. I go to the deal ship and they thought is was nuts until people from japan actually came to look at my car. I have since gotten all of the updates and the screen still freezes from time to time. Now they have promised all of this application software to be available for November, then December, now we are looking at next year. They sold me on something that was fake. They didn't have everything together with this car and it's appealing technology is not available to me. YES, the car runs like a gem, the transmission is great, there are NO other problems and I love the car. BUT I am disappointed that I was led on to believe all these things that would be in my car that are not. Paying $60,000 cash for a car that I though I would have the top technology in, be ahead of the game with other competitor cars...NOPE, the **** Honda Accord has Pandora! My overall opinion of the Q50S is and A+. MY OPINION OF INFINITI IS A F. I feel they fibbed to all of us and made promises they did not keep!

Sorry for the long post but that's my story. Let's hope for a new update that will make us all happy for 2014. Until then let's enjoy our Q50s, because it is a beautiful car!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
SamanthaRN87.. my guess is infiniti is just not setting the right expectation or is being to aggresive with their fix schedules.
I work in software. We promise things. They often slip.

It wouldn't surprise me if the dealers get left hanging in some instances being promised a fix by infiniti on some date and it slips out.

It's just the unfortunate nature of the beast.
When you try to move into a bunch of new technology and probably infiniti didn't have a ton of expertise in house, the roll outs aren't always smooth.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.