Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Infiniti’s plans to bring an electric vehicle (EV) to market have been put on hold.

When the brand revealed the LE Concept back at the 2012 New York Auto Show, it was called a 'production intent' vehicle that was expected to arrive sometime in 2014, but it never showed up. 'We have to be a little pragmatic,' said Michael Bartsch, Infiniti’s vice president for the Americas, when asked about when the LE would arrive.

It has been put on hold so that Infiniti can concentrate on other important high-volume products like the new Q60 Coupe.
Read more about the Infiniti Shelves Plans for EV at AutoGuide.com.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
As long as they get it right when the time comes, I don't think anyone will mind.
yeah, Infiniti is hard at work to create a global presence and it seems like they are succeeding. With the new Q60 coming soon, I believe good time lay ahead for Infiniti.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
yeah, Infiniti is hard at work to create a global presence and it seems like they are succeeding. With the new Q60 coming soon, I believe good time lay ahead for Infiniti.
I think they made a sales record this year worldwide. Yeah, if the Q60 is a sign as far as looks and design of what is to come, Infiniti will do very well. That coupe is far sexier than the 4 series or S5 and I'm sure it will remain better looking than the S5 after its redesign because Audi definitely has the most conservative looking cars from the German 3.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I'm sure it will remain better looking than the S5 after its redesign because Audi definitely has the most conservative looking cars from the German 3.
Sans the R8 and the 7-Lines, I would have to agree...

I absolutely agree with Infiniti's decision to not move forward with the LE, especially with what was said within the article about Tesla. Infiniti doesn't need a direct competitor to Tesla, but whatever it is they do decide, it will need to be a serious alternative.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
dammmn Q60 coupe :(

I really want one. but cant have two coupes & a sedan lol
Just noticed you have a TT G35 in your garage, that definitely makes upgrading an interesting proposition.

I'm currently getting some maintenance done to my g37 and was seriously contemplating CAI, manifolds, CBE, and HFC's. I can't justify the mods when I can save that coin for a down payment towards the Q60 next year.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Just noticed you have a TT G35 in your garage, that definitely makes upgrading an interesting proposition.

I'm currently getting some maintenance done to my g37 and was seriously contemplating CAI, manifolds, CBE, and HFC's. I can't justify the mods when I can save that coin for a down payment towards the Q60 next year.
Honestly NA mods are meh on the VQ, they barely make any noticable gain. Only time I noticed any pull with my G was the plenum spacer & HFCs. But again nothing worth bragging about. If you wanna boost the G its a great idea, other wise save the money for the Q60!

·
Registered
324 Posts
There are still too many issues with all electrics, mainly range and recharging ability. Do some aggressive driving and watch your battery drain with lightning speed. Recharge times are also an issue.

There is a lot of hope in graphene based batteries, and actual science to back up the hype. Graphenes show promise because they offer near zero resistance, don't break down (so the battery has no limit to its lifespan), and hold far more charge in the same space as compared to even the best L-ion batteries.

These graphenes can also be layered into multi level, high efficiency photovoltaic skins that could cover the entire car invisibly.

What EV vehicles also need is a super capacitor so that you can plug in and rapidly charge.

Another problem with EVs is the toxicity and environmental impact of the battery materials. Ore is mined in Africa, where tribal warlords frequently kill each other for the mining rights. Then it goes to China, where processing the raw ore into refined material is so devastating that the land around the refineries look likes the surface of Mars for miles around. After that it is shipped to Japan to be made into batteries. When it arrives at the dealership, you now have a brand new gas-free vehicle that has already produced more pollutants than a still running 78 Mach-1 Mustang has to date. And never mind that if your car catches fire, EMS isn't coming near you due to the poison gas created by the large burning battery.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
I think they made a sales record this year worldwide. Yeah, if the Q60 is a sign as far as looks and design of what is to come, Infiniti will do very well. That coupe is far sexier than the 4 series or S5 and I'm sure it will remain better looking than the S5 after its redesign because Audi definitely has the most conservative looking cars from the German 3.
Yup, agreed!! Even MB, the interior in that car was surprisingly uninteresting. They only just started to improve their interior with the new C-class. Audi and BMW, their interior is way too simple for this day and age. They have to start embracing the technology era and improve the interior based on that!!

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
I dunno about that as far as Audi interiors go. I love their S4/S5/S6..etc interiors. I guess that's subjective but I'll agree that BMW interiors have always been kinda bland and cold. They're a lot better than they used to be but I digress.

I'm willing to hold off on my expectations for the production versions of the Q60 until it's actually out of the concept phase. From what I can see, the concept of the coupe looks extremely functional and detailed enough that the final version will probably look pretty **** close.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Yup, agreed!! Even MB, the interior in that car was surprisingly uninteresting. They only just started to improve their interior with the new C-class. Audi and BMW, their interior is way too simple for this day and age. They have to start embracing the technology era and improve the interior based on that!!
Yeah, that C class interior looks really, really nice. I have yet to see one in person. That being said, the C class while having gotten a lot nicer (I was not a fan at all of the last model) has also gone up in price. I think C&D called it "sumptuous with a small S, but a C class at an E class price." Fully loaded you're just under base M3 price.

Yeah, Audi and BMW have got to step up the interiors. I was not a fan of the 3's interior and that was the only other car I seriously was considering when I got the Q50. I think other than the new C, which has one foot already in a higher class from the Q50/IS350/335i, ect., the Q50 has the nicest interior.

That being said it seems pretty universally agreed from reviewers that the IS F Sport has the most comfortable front seats.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I dunno about that as far as Audi interiors go. I love their S4/S5/S6..etc interiors. I guess that's subjective but I'll agree that BMW interiors have always been kinda bland and cold. They're a lot better than they used to be but I digress.

I'm willing to hold off on my expectations for the production versions of the Q60 until it's actually out of the concept phase. From what I can see, the concept of the coupe looks extremely functional and detailed enough that the final version will probably look pretty **** close.
I hope so! I really hope they don't tone down the headlights. They are phenomenal.

Yeah, I remember the first time as a child when I rode in someone's three series the first thought I had was how awful the interior looked. I was quite a BMW fan as a kid and it was a total let down. This is the one that scarred me as a child.

That monstrous cyclops air vent freaked me out.

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
I hope so! I really hope they don't tone down the headlights. They are phenomenal.

Yeah, I remember the first time as a child when I rode in someone's three series the first thought I had was how awful the interior looked. I was quite a BMW fan as a kid and it was a total let down. This is the one that scarred me as a child.

That monstrous cyclops air vent freaked me out.

I think they're starting to hit a stride with their more sporty iterations of the current generation.

They're still adamant about the whole lack of pretension when it comes to those buttons...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts