Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 968 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PLEASE SHARE YOUR REVIEW/THOUGHTS as well if you're doing or have done this mod so other people can read different feedback/opinions on it. :)

My Initial Review/Unboxing: (see below)

INSTALLED Pictures:
2014 Infiniti Q50 Forum - View Single Post - Infiniti Sport Muffler Kit for Q50

some pics during installation:

VIDS/SOUND CLIPS: (all videos are recorded only with my iphone6; they are raw and unedited)

1. Sport Kit vs Stock blips/revs:

2.misc vids from inside the cabin:

3. COLD START (STOCK VS KIT):

Initial Review/Unboxing:
I had been looking for a solution to enhance the exhaust tone on my Q50 as I was not really satisfied with its "stock" sound, but didn't want it to be annoying at the same time.
Doing a bit of research, I found out that there's really not much hp gained on doing just a full catback on a q50. I would gladly pay for a $1500-$2000 catback system if it would give me a noticeable gain but since that is not the case I decided to just do an axle-back system.
I have seen the Infiniti Sport Muffler Kit on their site before but they didn't really have any sound clip or videos of it...until someone posted it on here and I was instantly impressed with the sound!
I called up my local Infiniti dealer and said they had one in stock! I was stoked and picked it up the next morning.

Here's the vid on youtube posted by Infiniti

screenshot of the kit from Infiniti website:
The PART# FOR THIS KIT reads "B0100-Q50SM" on my receipt.

First Impressions
The box only measures about 33"x17"x9" and should fit a trunk of any standard car. It was also double boxed and I didn't see any physical damage on the box.
Opening the box, everything was well packaged and cushioned from the flanges to tips with the exception of the hangers..I could see that it's starting to poke the box a little. The system is made of stainless steel and shouldn't rust.

Going through the content, I was surprised that they included extra gaskets and bolts. I wasn't expecting this because the description says to use the old gaskets...a good thing I guess.

examining the welds and other areas of the kit:

Documentation (Warranty card/Instructions):

Weight factor:
This kit is less than 20lbs. (according to my luggage scale). The mufflers are not bulky at all..only about 5inch in diameter which I think helps with weigt savings. The stock muffler weighs about 29lbs. So yeah, the website is pretty accurate.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Do instructions say it has to be installed by Infiniti or a certified shop? The only reason I'd get this exhaust is to not void warranty.
They cant void the warranty even if you turbo the car. The only way a warranty is voided is if the installed aftermarket part caused a failure of an OEM part. Then warranty doesnt cover that part only.

So if you install aftermarket exhaust and your speaker doesn't work two weeks later they cant say its voided. However if you had a leak next to the exhaust that was hot enough to melt your O2 sensor wire for example then your warranty will not cover that O2 sensor.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Looks forward to installed pics, and videos for sound (interior and exterior)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Labelledgt! Thanks for the initial teaser! :) I salute you for giving us your feedback. We all can't wait for your next pic and audio review!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh, he also sated the at the Stillen as a 3yr/36k warrant backed by Infiniti and Nissan, while the Infiniti is 1 yr/12k backed by Infiniti.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the support fellas! :D
Target diy date is tomorrow afternoon if my schedule remains clear. If not Wednesday for sure!
As far as audio clip, I only have my iphone 6 as a recording device...so it'll be raw and untouched. I hope it suffices...

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Anyone in Canada heard about this? I called my dealer & they had no idea what I'm talking about. They only know about stillen catback & its 1950 installed.
Nope same boat as you, my dealer had no idea what I was talking about either. Called up another dealer, who said they'll call me but never got the call back lol

To OP: iPhone is fine :D looking forward to it

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am VERY interested in this add on. Best price with any discounts information would be appreciated. Also how much to install? I can't wait to see and hear after the OP has it installed!!!!!

1 - 20 of 968 Posts