Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Infiniti US Sales Up 6.5% in August - 2,434 Q50 Sales + 3,020 G Sedan Sales

Infiniti U.S. Sales Up 6.5 Percent in August - Sales Reports - Infiniti Online Newsroom

– First Month of All-New Infiniti Q50 Sales, Infiniti QX60 Has Best Month Ever –
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Infiniti today reported U.S. sales of 11,884 units in August, an increase of 6.5 percent versus 11,155 units a year earlier. Year-to-date Infiniti sales of 71,879 are down 6.8 percent compared to the 77,151 units sold during the same period last year.

Infiniti sales highlights for the month include:

August saw the first sales of the all-new Infiniti Q50 luxury sports sedan, with 2,434 units sold.
The Infiniti QX60 7-passenger luxury crossover had 3,026 deliveries, up 27.2 percent, making August its best month ever; year-to-date, sales of the QX60 have totaled 20,556 units, up 69.9 percent.
In August, the Infiniti QX80 full-size luxury sport utility vehicle was up 19.4 percent to 1,225 units.
Infiniti's crossover and sport utility vehicles were up 15.5 percent in August, and are up 19.4 percent for the year.
"August was a very important month in Infiniti's history, as we began our product expansion plan with the first sales of the all-new Infiniti Q50, our much-anticipated, world-class luxury sports sedan," said Ben Poore, vice president, Infiniti Americas. "The Infiniti QX60 7-passenger luxury crossover continues to expand the Infiniti family, exemplified by August being the best month ever."

The Infiniti Q50, which went on sale in early August, offers worlds-first technologies such as Direct Adaptive Steering™, which allows faster response time than conventional systems, and Predictive Forward Collision Warning™ which warns drivers of potential hazards up to two cars ahead.

Next week, at the Frankfurt Motor Show, Infiniti will debut the Q30 Concept, which represents the design vision for a future, premium compact vehicle from the automaker, and will continue the product expansion, which began with the launch of the new Q50.

In August, Infiniti continued its transition to new model names. Beginning with the 2014 model year and the launch of the all-new Infiniti Q50, the automaker's models are based on the letter Q for passenger cars, and QX for crossovers and sport utility vehicles, followed by a double digit number reflecting the hierarchy in its line. In July, Infiniti started selling the QX50, QX60, QX70 and QX80 crossovers, and this month, sales began for Q60 Coupe and Convertible.

About Infiniti
Infiniti Motor Company Ltd. is headquartered in Hong Kong with sales operations in approximately 50 countries. The Infiniti brand was launched in 1989. Its range of premium automobiles is currently built in manufacturing facilities in Japan and the United States. Production in China and Europe will start soon along with the expansion of the brand's portfolio.

As the Title Partner and Vehicle Performance Partner of Infiniti Red Bull Racing, Infiniti has a far-reaching technical collaboration with the Formula One team, and Sebastian Vettel, its triple World Champion driver, serves as Infiniti's Director of Performance.

Kyle Bazemore
Infiniti Communications
Tel: 615-739-8404
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
I am thinking how much higher the Q50 numbers would have been if some of the cars were where they were supposed to be during the month of August.

Reactions: tt_45

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, remember, this was only 3 weeks worth of sales because it wasn't released until August 7.

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I'm waiting to see how this will change once the G37 vanishes from the lineup. I think that won't happen until the Q30 and Q40 drop, which should be early next year. Q50 sales should remain steady throughout the year as people come off leases and Intouch gets fixed up.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Yea, it'll be interesting to see how things balance out between the Q50 and G Sedan. I think it will balance out with the Q selling more once inventory is up to snuff. It has the potential to pass the 5k mark just as the G Sedan has done in the past, of course once prices start to settle down. And the G should maintain at least I'm guessing 1000-1500 units per month. Either way, its more cars sold for Infiniti in this segment than ever before.

And the QX60/JX continues to post strong sales that are steadily increasing , at over 3k in August. Infiniti has a strong 1-2 sales combo again.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
True. Keep in mind this is their big "world car" as well, which is breaking into new markets globally for them. Japanese production capacity can't keep pace with their predicted demand which is probably why they relocated the HQ to Hong Kong and have future manufacturing set up in England and (soon) China.

I'm dying to see Europe's numbers once they plunk that little Mercedes diesel in it and get it rolling off the line.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is pretty awful picture for Infiniti actually... Every single model sales down 20+% when comparing year-to-year! I think QX60 only sold for part of 2013 which explains why it's up year-to-year.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm waiting to see how this will change once the G37 vanishes from the lineup. I think that won't happen until the Q30 and Q40 drop, which should be early next year. Q50 sales should remain steady throughout the year as people come off leases and Intouch gets fixed up.
I don't think Infiniti is going to cancel the G37 until naturally more people start buying the Q50. They are selling way to many to just stop making it and hope people buy the Q50 instead. I bet they don't cancel it until they are selling less than 500 a month.

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
This is pretty awful picture for Infiniti actually... Every single model sales down 20+% when comparing year-to-year! I think QX60 only sold for part of 2013 which explains why it's up year-to-year.
You have to analyze this carefully before you draw conclusions. Don't you think G37 sedan sales would be down, naturally, when the Q50 launched?

Also, that darn EX37/QX50 is still sticking around for some unknown reason and its numbers are sad. The G25 died, why can't they kill the EX37? Will they feel there's a gap in the lineup until the Q30/40 bow?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Look at the overall car market. A lot are down this year. Lexus IS sold 14,194 units in Jan-June 2012, but sold only 10,786 in Jan-June 2013. Down 25%. Same with the GS. Last year Jan-Jun 2012, they sold 11,069, but this year Jan-Jun 2013, only 9,068. Down 19%.

BMW 3 series was even down quite a bit Jan-May of this year, but they had a really good June.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have not analyzed entire car market. Perhaps it's in the same shape although I'm having trouble justifying why would that be the case. We are not in 2009 in the middle of recession after all... But again, I don't know. Makes perfect sense why G sedan sales are down. They actually sold way more of those than I would expect so that's a pleasant surprise. You can't ignore though that there are 4 other models that have nothing to do with Q50 launch that are down 20-40% year over year. There is no way to paint that as a positive picture... Q50 better sell really good.

On the other hand, I suppose it's not how many cars you sell but how much money you make on every car what matters...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Infiniti is doing well on their sedans, but they need to try harder on SUV to catch up with Audi and Acura. QX60 is doing great. What they needs to do is to make the QX50 a practical entry level SUV like RDX and Q50 are, and update QX70 making it the only sports SUV under this brand. Once those are done, they will be able to keep their sell at 15,000 per month. And if they can refine the M a little bit (as the car is a little dated now), the sales will go even higher.
Currently, both QX50 and QX70 are sport SUV, redundant. And QX50 doesn't provide enough space as other entry level SUV does.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I realize the Q50 just came out and thus there was limited supply but still... am I the only one who's surprised to see the G outselling the Q?
Not really... The G is still a great car and there are a lot of buyers out there focused on a great deal on a great car. In addition, there are a lot of people not wanting to be guinea pigs on a new vehicle. A little surprised by the margin... But definitely not surprised to see the g ahead... Especially not for August.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I realize the Q50 just came out and thus there was limited supply but still... am I the only one who's surprised to see the G outselling the Q?
Not really. I suspect it will slowly start to decrease and the Q will start overtaking it. I suspect by this time next year, the G Sedan will be down to under 1,000 a month.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I inquired to Infiniti Communications Manager about Hybrid sales, but he says they do not disclose sales numbers by powertrain, so looks like we aren't going to find out how many hybrids they've sold.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.