1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
That was an interesting read.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not to poo-poo Lincoln (I think the MKS is nice'ish looking), but I don't think you can earn premium brand street cred when you're badge engineering cheaper cars with a bit of chrome & leather to create your luxury brands.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Not to poo-poo Lincoln (I think the MKS is nice'ish looking), but I don't think you can earn premium brand street cred when you're badge engineering cheaper cars with a bit of chrome & leather to create your luxury brands.
The article points out both have done it and its been an issue. It's a good read. I think most would agree Infiniti has a better chance of turning things around than Lincoln.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The article points out both have done it and its been an issue. It's a good read. I think most would agree Infiniti has a better chance of turning things around than Lincoln.
It was a good read. Lincoln has to change it's image, an image that is over 50 years old, ahh not gonna happen. Same issue Buick has and Caddy too. Which is somewhat unfortunate because their cars are getting better especially in the case of the ATS. Yes, it's all about perception.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Is Infiniti still doing it, though? I thought the last badge engineered vehicle they had was the I20. But then, I know squat about their SUVs.
The QX is a Nissan Patrol
The JX is a Nissan Pathfinder

Both the M and G sedans are sold as Fuga and Skylines, respectively, in Japan.

Toyota does it for Lexus as well.

There is nothing wrong with switching out the badge as long as the foundation is good.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts

There is nothing wrong with switching out the badge as long as the foundation is good.
We could call the Fuga and Skylines rebadged Infinitis, since the Infiniti Brand is not offered in Japan.:D

·
Registered
121 Posts

Right, in Japan they are under another brand entirely. But it's not a case of "here's a cheap car, and here's the same exact car + leather."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.