Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
What is VPP and how do you save $5000? As excited as I am about upgrading my G37S to the Q50, I hate that current owners may not get loyalty discounts right off the bat when we are the ones really pushing for the Q50s. Boo!

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
VPP stands for vehicle purchase program. Its extended to employees and other affiliates of Nissan and Infiniti. They still dont know if it will be offered or not. It was on the JX when it was released but back in 2011, they did not offer it at first on the QX56. I would say that it will save you somewhere around 3k to 4k realistically

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
The M has always sold poorly. They never really advertised or updated the car to keep up unfortunately. I think the norm is abut 800-1200 M's sold per month.

Don't forget, the bread and butter if Infiniti is the G and you always have a drop off of the current years' volume when a new model comes out. Not a fanboy saying that Infiniti shouldn't be concerned but my guess is a lot of that drop off is from G/Q buyers waiting for the Q launch. Time will tell.

·
Registered
348 Posts
They are practically giving away the G now. A friend just bough a G37 with a premium pkg for less than 31K before tax and title. I'm glad mine is a lease and I don't need to sell it.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Yep - I considered it for a minute but I was upside down by a grand or two on my lease buyout a few months ago.

Great time to buy a G if someone wants one!

Reactions: 88gt

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
The M def needs a pump of life in it. The last gen M did sell well actually, but tapered off as it aged. When the current gen debuted it saw a jump but never to the levels of the last gen and its plunged since. I think for its class the styling is too polarizing, although I love it, in Sport trim at least. Not too fond of the non-sport, which I think is a part of the problem.

But the rest of the line-up is just old or niche products, save the QX56/80. The EX/QX50 is way too small and def falls into that niche category. The next QX50 should DEF help bring some more volume to the brand once it has a decent sized backseat.

Infiniti can EASILY catch up to Audi in sales volume with the right products over the next couple of years.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Sounds logical. The interior will need a boost thanks to the Q50 stepping up but I'm sure they'll figure it out. The dual screen upgrade seems like a no-brainer, it should happen across the board (after we all beta test it for them ;)).

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Easiest way is probably open a YouTube account and post the link to the video you upload there.
Yup! Easiest way is to do that! Looking forward to the videos! Hopefully of the Hybrid! :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think the effort to move the Q50 upmarket (charge more $$) will hurt
sales because the is no "entry level" model to cover the lower to mid 30K
price range. Mercedes and Audi will lunch the CLA/A3 before moving the C/A4 upmarket.

The G is priced in the upper 30K+ but the actual selling/leasing prices are more
inline with a 30K car.

This might be good for us because Infiniti will have to offer good Lease rates
on the Q to keep sales up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Q will do fine especially considering its at the same pricepoint as a 328i and not too much different than is250. Of course you can option the Q up higher than those, but its really a competitor for the 335i and is350.

Infiniti will keep the G37 around for a year or two more to cover the price point you are speaking of. They are going to minimize orderable combinations and offer a nice deal on it. Once the turbo 4cyl motor is implemented and they can offer Q50 at a lower price point, the G will be discontinued

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
The Q50 is priced pretty much the same as the current G37 in the lower and mid range features wise. The majority of Q50 sales will probably be Premium/Premium AWD and Base Sport models. Any new car is going to go for MSRP and then the deals will roll in.

EDIT: Yeah... pretty much what Nick said. lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.