Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Infiniti Connected Technologies
Building on Infiniti’s unique approach to making owners’ lives easier, which includes the Infiniti Personal Assistant program with 24-hour access to a live team of professional assistants, the new Infiniti InTouch™ telematics system brings the future of in-car connectivity to the Q50 interior today. Unlike conventional interfaces, the Q50 has not one but two touch capacitive screens with intuitive hand gesture screen operation to easily connect drivers to their lives outside the car.

“We have new technologies that embrace the way people live today – seamless connectivity and personalization everywhere they go, including while in their cars, with an optimized human-machine interface for ease of use,” said de Nysschen.

Along with the large dual screens, the Infiniti InTouch™ system is designed to effortlessly synchronize car and driver. Content and functions directed to the upper screen includes the most frequently used applications, such as navigation maps. Other content is directed to the lower display screen.

The two screens work together so that, for example, the navigation map can be viewed on the top screen while setting destinations or finding points-of-interest can be done on the lower screen. A limited number of critical functions, such as heating and cooling, are operated by hard switches. Content can be customized using easy-to-understand menus. A selection of vehicle-centric apps will be pre-loaded into the system. Owners will also be able to download, update and synch personal apps through their smartphones and USB drives. Additional details on the system’s operation will be available at a later date.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
The 360 Around View Monitor Display looks pretty cool. The use of additional external monitors to create a virtual bird's eye view of the car seems pretty interesting. I'm sure it might be a dealbreaker for those tech lovers when looking at other cars.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I'm a little concerned.

I noticed that there are no more buttons on the door for 2-person memory seating.

I'm gonna assume that like some of the newer cars, that the memory seating options are not being controlled via the InTouch System...?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm a little concerned.

I noticed that there are no more buttons on the door for 2-person memory seating.

I'm gonna assume that like some of the newer cars, that the memory seating options are not being controlled via the InTouch System...?
Why would you be concerned about that? I rather have settings on the InTouch system rather than on the door.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow its looking awesome.... I think its the prefect touch system for entertainment and GPS navigation..even navigation device is also installed.. I like this system. Thanks for sharing. Great Sharing.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I see an app called Parkopedia?! I wonder if it will have directory of all parking garages and parking sites available within my area that I would drive my Q50 to!

Too many times I am in Boston and am always having to take out my iPhone to search for parking garages with good rates.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
This is one of the things that im looking forward to trying! I hope they make the touchscreen responsive and easy to navigate around! Hopefully with the same tactile functionality/responsiveness as the one in tesla!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I can't ever go in reverse without using my camera. :cool:

I used to think it was a useless piece of tech, but now, I use it every time.
Thisnis going to be my first car with rear view camera and hopefully itll be a good thing for me but not entirely dependent on it! I kinda found the rearview camera on the 1st gen prius kinda weird for me and made me look back instead!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its kind of like the Tesla Model S, although I feel like the Teslas is a little bit too big.

That is one humongous screen! I'm glad Infiniti didn't end up going with a screen that size. It just looks odd to me. Maybe more suitable for the green factor and simple look Tesla was going for but for class it is off. I like how infiniti separated the two for different individual tasks.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
That is one humongous screen! I'm glad Infiniti didn't end up going with a screen that size. It just looks odd to me. Maybe more suitable for the green factor and simple look Tesla was going for but for class it is off. I like how infiniti separated the two for different individual tasks.
That tesla screen is like the jumbotron of automotive infotainment ... It's like a BOSS!

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.