Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this one.

I have Q50 2.0t 2015 with 50k Km. I’m facing with the following problems;

- Starting issue; the car cranks for a long long time then starts.
- Once the car starts, stop start fault appears on the dashboard and the stop start button disabled and can’t use it at all time
- When I turn the AC there is a strong petrol smell coming out for couple of mints (not if it is only when it’s cold or anytime of the year)

please note that I brought the car to the dealer and they have asked me to spend around AU $10000 to be able to fix the car as it’s no longer under the warranty! I think this is ridiculous!!

They suggested to replace the following;
  • High pressure fuel pump
  • Camshaft and timing chains and tensioners as required
  • Camshaft positioning sensor

Obviously I’m not going to spend $10k to fix the car, however I was looking to fix it myself. The problem is Infinite is not a big thing in Australia and this makes it harder for me to know if the dealer is just trying to charge me for things that I don’t need to replace or not. So have any of you had the same issues before? could you please let me know how did you end up fixing it.

Thanks in advance,
Jack

-

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sounds to me like your starter is going out. Dunno what to tell you about the fuel smell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.
So you don’t think the high pressure fuel pump is causing the starting issue?

·
Registered
2015 Q50S Premium AWD Hybrid
41 Posts
I would start with the battery, at least get it tested, it could explain the difficult start and the stop/start issue. Not sure about the fuel smell, does it run smooth? reasonable fuel consumption?
I would agree the dealer is just spit-balling with those suggestions.

·
Registered
114 Posts
So you don’t think the high pressure fuel pump is causing the starting issue?
I do admit that it could be the fuel pump, but honestly I don’t think so since the car does run but is slow to start. Having said that, do check your fuel lines and filters to try to track down the source of the smell, but even that could be from the engine flooding when trying to start.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
942 Posts
First: It's not Infinity or Infinite, your car is an Infiniti.

Engine related problems are always a good reason for a visit at the Mercedes-Benz dealer to get another opinion...

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
2018 Luxe AWD, Stock + JB4
299 Posts
A 2.0L should be referred to as and Infi-M.B. (In-fi-em-be).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts