Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3.7 q50 that i want to purchase but i heard some q50 have electrical problems? does it happen to every car? can a mechanic tell if it had previous electrical problems or if it well end up having those issues. Just looking for some input to prevent having such issues before i purchase it

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,837 Posts
I don't know of a single Infinity car that has electrical problems.

;)

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
under this forum i have seen some threads with people experiencing electrical issues where their car shuts off
Which thread?

Just driving along and car shuts off due to electical and not mechanical issue?

Only in my 1973 BMW 2002 where timing would eventually get thrown off.

Infiniti electical problems...driver window actuator at 96,000 miles.

Yaw sensor at 96,000 miles.

Airbag sensor warning light at 98,000 miles.

If you are looking for electical problems buy an older Audi.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
why does it have a bed rep for being known for having electrical issues and steering issues?
Again, I promise you there is not a single Infinity car that has ever had an electrical issue.

;)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
why does it have a bed rep for being known for having electrical issues and steering issues?
He was playing coy because the brands name is Infiniti not Infinity.

As for electrical issues there have been a few steering issues but they are typically due to people attempting to rebuild the cars that have
DAS equipped or only ran into problems after an accident and getting the system calibrated.

The 2014 models had some Infotainment failures for the displays but that was mostly sorted out in the 2015 MY.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,985 Posts
Again, I promise you there is not a single Infinity car that has ever had an electrical issue.

;)
He isn't going to get it and you're just confusing him.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I have a 3.7 q50 that i want to purchase but i heard some q50 have electrical problems? does it happen to every car? can a mechanic tell if it had previous electrical problems or if it well end up having those issues. Just looking for some input to prevent having such issues before i purchase it
Where have you heard that? Is this a serious question or are you just trolling?

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
Is that what you searched.

I got 500 results. Couldnt see anything on the first page.

Maybe you should not buy an infiniti and just move on.

As to diagnosing? One can always plug is a scanner and see how the car is doing electically. That goes for other brands as well.

Good luck and sorry we can not be of any more help.

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Newer Infiniti models are not known for electrical issues. The models with 3.7L naturally aspirated motors are actually known to be quite reliable

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
Here...I did the search for you.

I am sick and tired of noobs who dont bother to do their own research and create new threads.

Hiw many potential frigin buyers threads are we gonna get?

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
87 Posts
Python:
Infiniti != Infinity

·
Registered
2014 Infiniti Q50 Base 3.7v6 RWD
3 Posts
Q50 is really simple in electrical, except the tech package, if u get 1 with out tech pack, u should not expect any problems

1 - 17 of 17 Posts