4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Input by Sebastian Vettel on the Q50

Enjoy! :D

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha! Just wait a few weeks and i wont be as active posting youtube vids! Hehehe! But then again I might be posting my own vids! Should get a Go Pro and do a canyon run! Hehehe!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't let us down! :mad: ;) :D
I might! Dont want any more tickets! :D

Last one cost me $800! :(

Actually saw this vid quite some time ago and kinda got me all hyped up!

Then again i live farther from Angeles Crest now but sure is a nice place to drive! Reminds me of the anime Initial D! :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bit confused about the statement in the video about Vettel's feedback. One of the main things...paddle shifters should move with the wheel (vs. mounted on the steering column?)...does this mean the preproduction Sport models are NOT representative of the final,paddle position?!

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Bit confused about the statement in the video about Vettel's feedback. One of the main things...paddle shifters should move with the wheel (vs. mounted on the steering column?)...does this mean the preproduction Sport models are NOT representative of the final,paddle position?!
I think preproduction had them mounted to the column and they don't spin with the wheel. Not 100% sure but I know the new IS has them mounted to the wheel and move with it.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Don't let us down! :mad: ;) :D
Congrats on ur 1000th post ... Now ur a Q50 addict oh and I'm surmised u have time to spend here being I've seen you on many other boards .... But I'm thinking we think alike as I've been checking out the same competition as you just not sure i could be a Gennie Owner.. Lol

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think preproduction had them mounted to the column and they don't spin with the wheel. Not 100% sure but I know the new IS has them mounted to the wheel and move with it.
You're right, IS have theirs mounted on the steering wheel! Still not that experienced about driving with paddle shifters but I have the privilege of testing out the paddle shifters on the Wifeys 2012 Toyota Camry SE and now the Q50! So far, with the time I got to sit on the Q50, the Q50s paddle shifter felt better but still not sure driving wise! Always been a stick shift guy and so it might take some time getting used to! :D

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
You're right, IS have theirs mounted on the steering wheel! Still not that experienced about driving with paddle shifters but I have the privilege of testing out the paddle shifters on the Wifeys 2012 Toyota Camry SE and now the Q50! So far, with the time I got to sit on the Q50, the Q50s paddle shifter felt better but still not sure driving wise! Always been a stick shift guy and so it might take some time getting used to! :D
I too have always been a stick shifter as well and will have to get use to the paddle shifters and try to figure out which ones will let me have the most fun. Using the stick shifter always gives me the feeling that I am really driving a true manual and makes me want to go faster....lol

Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
The first year and a half I had my G, I never used the paddles or any kind of manual shifting with the DS mode. I just couldn't figure it out.

It just takes practice. Once you figure out how to use them, it makes an enormous difference. It's a blast. I use them almost every time I go out.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another thing ive loved with stick shift is ive picked up some habbits that I have developed thruout the years and might not translate well or at all on paddle shifted cars like holding clutch down when braking thru fast corners to keep rpm up and using the shift lever as something to hold onto while my body gets thrown to the side as I hit those hard corners fast! I will surely miss driving stick shift and hope to jot lose the skill by the time I decide to get one again! I remember my dad trying stick shift again and just using the 1st gear as we made 1 round around the block! I just remeber cringing as we drove and the smell of burnt clutch! Hahaha!

Surely though, it will all be justified once im in those long grueling traffic jams again! :D

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
don't forget. The nav system is integrated with the car so downshifts and rev matching will be automatic based on terrain. The cloverleaf you're coming up to will prompt the car to downshift.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.