Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Q50S AWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone - I have a 2014 Sport. Purchased a 2018 upper display unit last year because I was tired of how slow my existing unit was. At first the climate control didn’t function (as in I couldn’t adjust the temp or turn on AC but the air was blowing as if it was on Auto), but everything operated as normal after a little bit.

Fast forward to today - I purchased and installed the Joyeauto CarPlay kit. CarPlay works as well as the back and front cameras. I can switch between CarPlay and the Infiniti GPS/Map. But here are the issues I’m running into:
  • AC/Temp controls aren’t working on screen and displaying only the seat, fan position, and A/C button. When I press on it, nothing happens (see image)
  • Temp control buttons on the side don’t do anything
  • Heated seat buttons don’t work
  • The AC/fan blow is on blast as if it was set to Auto. After a while it turns down, but it’s blowing through all vents
  • Drive Mode select switch no longer switches to Sport/Personal/Standard/Eco. Dash stays on Standard
  • Can’t change User. When I press on the icon I get the message “To change user info, turn IGN-ON and put in Park (P). (see image)
Here’s what works on the lower display and consoles by the armrest:
  • Audio/Home/Climate buttons switch properly
  • Radio/SXM/iPod etc…all work properly as well as sound
  • Seek-Cat/Track, Radio, Disc-AUX, Tune-CH buttons work properly
  • Volume dial works
  • Map/Zoom dial works
  • Map voice, Back, and brightness/night buttons work
  • Shifter works and displays the correct position. I can drive just fine but loss of power due to A/C blowing at max
Here is everything I’ve checked thus far:
  • Made sure all harnesses to the lower display unit and Drive Mode selector were connected properly
  • Soft rebooted the system by pressing the volume dial until the system reset
  • Checked fuses (my attachment highlights which ones I’ve checked)
  • Disconnected the battery and left overnight
Sorry for the lengthy post but I’ve been searching and haven’t found any solutions and hope to help someone else with this problem if they search. Next thing I’m going to try is to check the voltage of the harnesses to make sure I didn’t tug any wires out as well as remove CarPlay to see if it functions again But hoping to not have to do that.

edit
I went into diagnostic mode and it looks like there’s no communication to TCU2. Also used an OBD2 reader and it’s throwing a CAN COMM CIRCUIT code (and a random starter relay code). I tried clearing the codes and it didn’t fix it. I didn’t touch the Reset button in diagnostic mode.

edit 2
Completely removed CarPlay and i got back Climate Control and Drive Select And everything else that was missing. Buttons work again. TCU2 is still missing but now I’m wondering if it was there to begin with. I don’t have the 4G upgrade. So now to see if it’s a harness they provided.

Communication Device Telephony Mobile phone Gadget Portable communications device
Product Plant Communication Device Telephony Gadget
Product Font Gas Electric blue Rectangle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Font Automotive exterior Bumper
Audio equipment Gas Machine Multimedia Gadget

Product Audio equipment Output device Gadget Technology
Automotive design Audio equipment Gadget Vehicle audio Display device
Output device Audio equipment Gadget Electronic device Communication Device
Product Camera accessory Gadget Reflex camera Cameras & optics
Reflex camera Camera accessory Digital camera Point-and-shoot camera Gadget

·
Registered
2014 Q50S AWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the referral. I’ve just made an update to the post. Everything back to working condition after taking out CarPlay. So now I’m checking their harness.

This is a problem for Nickdaria, He has been changing out display units etc so hopefully he can help you out

·
Registered
2014 Q50S AWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DCU config must be written to match your car. This can be done by CONSULT 3 Plus tool.
Thanks for the suggestion - is it because of the CarPlay unit? Everything worked properly after I upgraded the upper display last year. Also - would I still need to do that if I decided to buy a newer radio/climate control module on eBay? They're like $100.

·
Registered
2014 Q50S AWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it is because of you replaced DCU from the car that does not match your car configuration. According to the service information the DCU is replaced, configuration must be copied from old DCU to new one or manually selected and saved. You can check the following document for you reference. If you replace the lower screen you do not need to do that because lower screen is just a "monitor". Everything what is displayed here comes from DCU (top screen).

Thanks for providing the link. It clears things up. Just weird everything was working fine before. I’ll schedule an appointment with Infiniti and report back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts