Registered
1,610 Posts
Looking good!

Reactions: jodedor and SLWQ50_

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
226 Posts
That my man, is just gorgeous! Actually makes the engine bay look interesting, especially with the color contrast. Really pops out.

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
226 Posts
Forgot to ask, but I'm guessing you painted the bar red, as I can't find it that color online? And if so, how did you paint it?

Reactions: SLWQ50_

·
Registered
2018 Q50s
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2018 Q50s
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That my man, is just gorgeous! Actually makes the engine bay look interesting, especially with the color contrast. Really pops out.
Thank you so much! this def makes me feel like, I just didnt waste money lol.

Reactions: Nukespeq50

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
226 Posts
Damn you for providing a link.
This man is singlehandedly emptying wallets with that link. Not going to lie they have decent deals.

Reactions: SLWQ50_ and jodedor

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,871 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Red Sport 400, Dynamic Sunstone Red with Gallery White Interior
57 Posts
How’s the clearance between the carbon fiber and the strut bar? I’d hate to drop $500 only to have the clear coat rubbed off the carbon fiber X-0

·
Registered
2018 Q50s
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
2018 Q50s
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How’s the clearance between the carbon fiber and the strut bar? I’d hate to drop $500 only to have the clear coat rubbed off the carbon fiber X-0
Not gonna lie, the fit is super close. I actually had to put a small piece of Styrofoam on each side, so the strutbar wouldn't touch the engine over directly. Before I did that, I did hear vibration from it without the foam. Once that was on the noise was gone and you can't even tell, unless you're going to in deep for an inspection.

Reactions: Pl8inum23

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,673 Posts
Just put a washer on each strut stud, but under the strut bar. You may need a thicker and/or 2 washers to get full clearance.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Is there a strut bar that is functional and fits w/o modifications for the Q50/Q60? What are the noticeable improvements and downsides to installing one? I already have front and rear sway bars.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,673 Posts
Most are very good as an arm support for leaning on when checking on things in engine bay, and also serve very well as a good point for shaking your car on jackstands to ensure the car is sitting properly and wont fall off.

Not sure about fitment of every single one, but seems pretty common to need to run a washer or two to prop it up higher for clearance of the engine cover, or just remove the useless cover (weight reduction). No down side to the washers to space it though.

No real downside.

Reactions: SLWQ50_ and Alto101

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Red Sport 400, Dynamic Sunstone Red with Gallery White Interior
57 Posts
Not gonna lie, the fit is super close. I actually had to put a small piece of Styrofoam on each side, so the strutbar wouldn't touch the engine over directly. Before I did that, I did hear vibration from it without the foam. Once that was on the noise was gone and you can't even tell, unless you're going to in deep for an inspection.
Smart man to use the foam to check. I appreciate the clarification because I definitely want to replicate your setup! It looks super clean and adds nicely to the engine bay.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,871 Posts
I just don't buy the Cusco STB design. I've gone into this at length in a previous thread so I won't repeat it all here. They are compromised in order to fit in a Q50. A true STB is rigid, made out of tubular steel and has at least two mounting points. The Cusco has hinges which makes no sense to me and is made out of aluminum, which isn't as strong as steel.

To me, they are basically window dressing but that's just my personal opinion so don't take offense.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I just don't buy the Cusco STB design. I've gone into this at length in a previous thread so I won't repeat it all here. They are compromised in order to fit in a Q50. A true STB is rigid, made out of tubular steel and has at least two mounting points. The Cusco has hinges which makes no sense to me and is made out of aluminum, which isn't as strong as steel.

To me, they are basically window dressing but that's just my personal opinion so don't take offense.
Yeah maybe so but they look good. 🙂

·
Registered
2018 Q50s
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is there a strut bar that is functional and fits w/o modifications for the Q50/Q60? What are the noticeable improvements and downsides to installing one? I already have front and rear sway bars.
I have yet to see a strutbar that fits perfect on the VR30, at least since I started looking into it. Looks like everyone either runs it with washers like 17awdQ50P, mentioned or they remove the engine cover.
Most are very good as an arm support for leaning on when checking on things in engine bay, and also serve very well as a good point for shaking your car on jackstands to ensure the car is sitting properly and wont fall off.

Not sure about fitment of every single one, but seems pretty common to need to run a washer or two to prop it up higher for clearance of the engine cover, or just remove the useless cover (weight reduction). No down side to the washers to space it though.

No real downside.
Lmao, actually not a bad way to see it to rest my arm on it when working on the car. Def gonna look into getting some washers for it, so I can remove the foam lol.
Smart man to use the foam to check. I appreciate the clarification because I definitely want to replicate your setup! It looks super clean and adds nicely to the engine bay.
Thank you! I appreciate that! Makes me feel like I did something right with this build lol.8

I actually did indeed read your post prior to purchasing it lol, no offense taken here :)
Yeah maybe so but they look good. 🙂
I'd def have to agree with you, it looks damn good lol.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.