Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer had my vehicle for a front bumper paint job that was on my due bill when i purchased the car and kept it for one month because they did a shitty job the first time. I expressed my concerns to the service manager in regards to being unhappy and that i was not giving them 5 stars on the survey.

They asked what can they do to change my mind and i said i wanted the LED emblem. After haggling about what they can and cant do we settled on me installing it on my own and them handing over the emblem for free. And so here it is installed on my vehicle.

Install took about 1.5 hours being my first time taking the front bumper off and reading instructions. Plastic behind original emblem needed to be drilled into for wiring hareness of led emblem. Simple process if you have the right tools.

Really love the way it makes the car stand out at night. Really gives the vehicle an elegant touch imo. At $345 for the emblem its pretty pricey for what it is but it glows just right and very even around the edges. Quality of materials is definately there. Just hard to swallow paying that much for a lit up emblem.

All in all im glad it cost me 1.5 hours of time and not $550 for parts and labor at the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
Looks awesome. Nice job on the install and haggling.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Jesus...one month to paint a bumper? I would have felt better giving them the review they deserved.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jesus...one month to paint a bumper? I would have felt better giving them the review they deserved.
They gave me a 2019 Q50 loaner with 300 miles on it same color and package so I wasn't to upset. Especially since I was able to drive it hard without worry knowing it's just a loaner. I would do it again if I had to for that emblem. It was worth it imo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks way better than he aftermarket emblems I’ve seen

When driving down the street at night it's a head turner for sure. It just screams luxury and gives the impression that it's a fully loaded car. At least that's what I think since I only see other Mecerdes Benz with the illuminated emblem and that's very rare as well. And these cars are everywhere in Irvine, CA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts