Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is my first Infiniti. I know that the intelle key can open doors and roof with unlock and the mechanical key closed the windows. Is there a way for the moonroof to close also?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
No, doesn't work that way.

Reactions: SnowItch

·
Registered
585 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
maybe im missing something but im pretty sure it does... im about to walk out of my office to try it... lol

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Little disappointed that the key doesn't auto roll down the windows!
If you hold down the unlock button on the key fob the windows and the sunroof do open.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Page 3-16 in your manual

Window cannot be closed using the Intelligent Key.

There is a sticky on here where you can download the manuals and look up these questions on your own.

http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/ne...l-owners-manual-q50-documentation-thread.html
Little disappointed that the key doesn't auto roll down the windows!
The key does auto open the windows (and sunroof). I believe it's on the same page (might be a page or 2 before) of the manual.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Holding the Unlock button will open the windows and using the mechanical blade insert turned and held in the LOCK position will close the windows. There is no keyless way around that to close them.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Holding the Unlock button will open the windows and using the mechanical blade insert turned and held in the LOCK position will close the windows. There is no keyless way around that to close them.
Your post confused me, so I went back to the manual.

I see what you are referring to now.

Holding the Unlock button will open the windows
Here you are talking about the remote key

using the mechanical blade insert turned and held in the LOCK position will close the windows
and here you are talking about the physical key. That is on page 3-4 of the manual

OPENING AND CLOSING WINDOWS
WITH MECHANICAL KEY
The driver’s door key operation also allows
you to open and close the window that is
equipped with the automatic open/close
function. (See “Power windows” (P.2-54).)
To open the window, turn the driver’s door
key cylinder to the rear of the vehicle for
longer than 1 second. The door is unlocked
and the window keeps opening while
turning the key.
This function can also be performed by
pushing and holding the UNLOCK button
on the Intelligent Key. (See “Remote key-
less entry system” (P.3-14).)
To close the window, turn the driver’s door
key cylinder to the front of the vehicle for
longer than 1 second. The door is locked
and the window keeps closing while turn-
ing the key.

Reactions: StevetheTech

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ok. Maybe I'm impatient or do not know how to hold down a button. I tried a week after getting the car and it did nothing. I had a maxima with the same function, so im somewhat familiar. I'll give it the ol college try again. (Watch it'll work this time! )

·
Registered
585 Posts
Ok. Maybe I'm impatient or do not know how to hold down a button. I tried a week after getting the car and it did nothing. I had a maxima with the same function, so im somewhat familiar. I'll give it the ol college try again. (Watch it'll work this time! )
If I remember correctly (wife has the car, so I can't test), you click on the button once to unlock, and then press and hold a second time to roll down the windows.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
If I remember correctly (wife has the car, so I can't test), you click on the button once to unlock, and then press and hold a second time to roll down the windows.
No need to click twice. Just hold down the button. The windows should start to open after about a second or two delay.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I do not know specifically if you have to actually have to press it twice. I do know that the hold requirement is 3-5 seconds and while the windows are active you must continue to hold the button. If the signal is dropped the initial 3-5 second hold must be repeated.

---Hope you didn't get caught in that nasty commute this afternoon :eek: ---

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.