Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was kinda bummed my keys didn't come with one - was this a something that Infiniti offered on a limited basis? Anyone else get one with their I-keys?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Was kinda bummed my keys didn't come with one - was this a something that Infiniti offered on a limited basis? Anyone else get one with their I-keys?
Lol just ask your dealer. I'm sure they have one lying around somewhere. They have all types of knick knacks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that requires me to lift a finger to call them, lol. I guess I'll try that-thanks:)

Reactions: chicagokevo

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Amen to your complaint! I asked at my dealership about getting the previous fob's detachable key clip. I was told that they aren't making it anymore. If I had known that, I would have made off with the one on the spare old one before I traded the car in. That clip made separating the house keys from the car keys a snap, without breaking one's fingernails. If anyone knows where one can get something like that, please post it.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
If you have been a contributing member of this forum for a little while, contact me if your dealer can't find you one. I've been pulling them off lease return vehicles lately. I have a small stash of them in my desk. You'll need a 1.5mm Allen key to put it on.

Contributing member means you've posted some things here that help out other members. That's what this forum is all about.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
What are these for? Just cosmetic?

All I got from my dealer are keychains. lol Which I removed.
They were standard on the previous key fobs. They allow you to quickly detach connected keys from the key fob, like when you drop your car off with a valet, at a car wash, at the dealer, etc. It's a very convenient feature, much better than the ring that breaks your fingernail when you try to remove your keys.

·
Registered
309 Posts
They were standard on the previous key fobs.
It was a neat feature, fairly small but very useful.

I think they stopped sending them with new cars around 2010.

You would be surprised how many people did not like them and asked us to remove them.

I purchased a special size tool just for those and have only used it once since I bought it, and that was on my own key. I feel partially responsible for that since buying the tool, my bad. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
E-mailed my dealer again, this time they said they just got some new ones in - they're sending them via mail.

Not sure how true that is, but if you're looking for them your dealer is the best place to try first.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
These are not 2 cents piece of metal, my 2 cents
Agreed. They work really nice when you have to switch keys from one car to the next car key (if you own multiple cars).

Reactions: Rick_vdl
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.