Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so my steering wheel, climate buttons, and a few other lights do not light up when my headlights turn on. The interior is completely dark. Does anyone know which fuse it might be? I circled an image below on what does not light up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Did this suddenly just happen or was it that way when you received the car? There is a brightness control for those on the LH side of the dashboard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Did this suddenly just happen or was it that way when you received the car? There is a brightness control for those on the LH side of the dashboard.
I believe it happened when i removed my top screen android module. Everything still works but those buttons dont light up. I tried the brightness control but that only adjusts my instrument cluster. I also took everything apart when I noticed it to see if i left anything unplugged, but everything was where its suppose to be (i think). All ports were used and no extra wires were left behind.

If anyone has any other ideas or solution please let me know!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All my lights were off when I bought by car until I turned the headlights knob to auto.
Yeah, my headlights are on but my buttons are still dark. The buttons were lit before when I had the android module. I'm not sure if i did something wrong or missed a step when removing the module.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Yeah, my headlights are on but my buttons are still dark. The buttons were lit before when I had the android module. I'm not sure if i did something wrong or missed a step when removing the module.
Do the buttons still function? If so, its likely not a connector/cable issue. Possible blown fuse?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do the buttons still function? If so, its likely not a connector/cable issue. Possible blown fuse?
yeah, all buttons are still functional. Only problem is that the stuff i circled on the original post dont light up when my headlights turn on.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Hi,

I have the same problem with my 2017 q50S. Were you able to find a solution?

Thank you
Aren't you within warranty? Why don't you take it to the dealer and have them correct the issue? Then find out what they did and report back to the other guy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i am within warranty but my dealership is almost 3 hours away. brightness is turned up but i haven't checked the lamp switch position. thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I just HAVE to comment: If you haven't checked the lamp switch position, are you saying that your "problem" is that the lights aren't on when your headlights are off? I can't remember having any car where the buttons were illuminated when the headlights were off. This just doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Same with the auto day/night feature. It has to be in the auto position to work.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
NOT ONE OF YOU ANSWERED HOW YOU FIXED IT. HOW DID YOU FIX IT
Is the engine running?

Are the headlights turned on (switch on turn signal stalk)?

Are the dash lights turned up using the instrument cluster dimmer buttons to the left of the steering column on the lower dash?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts