Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am new to the forum. I picked up my Q50S in Nov. Love the car, traded in my 2010 328xi for it. Was happy to get rid of the BMW for the Q. I also have a 2012 FX35.

I recently swapped all interior bulbs for LED ones, with the exception of the two above the driver/passenger. I was wondering if anyone here has tried to remove those factory LEDs. I am assuming they are hardwired in, but I want to replace to match the 5k LED output on the rest of the bulbs I swapped. Has anyone attempted this?

I did something similar on my FX. All the doors have 1 LED under the handle that had a terrible yellow glow compared with the soft white/blue of the factory gauges/buttons. I was able to cut the hardwired LEDs out and replace with matched ones. So, based on that I am pretty confident this can be done for the Q.

Normally I would just figure it out on my own, but I just had twins so my time to play with the car is limited.

thoughts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is an existing tread on this. I think its in the electronics, audio and lighting section. It was complete with pictures and instructions on which lights to buy and how to replace them.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Fastgtr is the guy that had the guide in the DIY section i believe! But which bulbs are u talking about? The map lights? The ones near the sos button?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Yea but I want to figure out what was the lights he mentioned! The ones in the sun visor?
Vanity LED Light bulbs Mirror Fuse Sun Visor 3-SMD 5050

Vanity Light:
Search for "Vanity Festoon 29mm LED"
I recommend Option 1 or the ones I just ordered Option 2.
Option 2 had twice as many, but I need them for another car and it does come with 3 SMD LEDs, the ladies will appreciate this much light from a vanity :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am talking about the map lights by the SOS. I have read that thread in the past regarding the LED DIY. These lights were not replaced, which is why i asking the question...

Sun visor i am not worried about... ;)

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Yea! Kinda figured that! Cuz the issue wasnt really replacing the bulb because it wasnt led, cuz it is! The issue was matching the color output of the LEDs he replaced thats why i figured that was the lights SteelQ mentioned and it didnt matter wether they were LEDs or not!

Let us know if u get to replace it bro! I was thinking it would be a matter of taking out that overhead assembly! I dont think it can be pulled out or I am just scared to do that at the very least! Hehe!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I am talking about the map lights by the SOS. I have read that thread in the past regarding the LED DIY. These lights were not replaced, which is why i asking the question...
;)
The map lights near the sos button are Leds:​

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
The map lights near the sos button are Leds:​
Yea but maybe refer to my post above yours to the probable reason! That light is more yellow than the ones replaced! I have the same issue! Hehe!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Yea but maybe refer to my post above yours to the probable reason! That light is more yellow than the ones replaced! I have the same issue! Hehe!
MAP LAMP BULB : ESM pages INL-63
CAUTION: Replacement of a single part is not possible due to the adoption of LED. For replacement, replace map lamp assembly as a set.
MAP LAMP BRACKET
MAP LAMP BRACKET : Removal and Installation- see ESM pages INL-63through INL-68 way too much for replacing these map bulbs:p

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
CAUTION: Replacement of a single part is not possible due to the adoption of LED. For replacement, replace map lamp assembly as a set.
MAP LAMP BRACKET
MAP LAMP BRACKET : Removal and Installation- see ESM pages INL-63through INL-68 way too much for replacing these map bulbs:p
Nice nice! Figures the whole assembly needs to be taken out! Oh well! :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You got it! Factory LED is nice, but the white is washed out with a bit of yellow. I like them closer to 5-6k where its pure white and you may a get a hint of blue.

Gbert, do you know where i can find the actual removal instructions? I definitely think I can replace it..

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
You got it! Factory LED is nice, but the white is washed out with a bit of yellow. I like them closer to 5-6k where its pure white and you may a get a hint of blue.

Gbert, do you know where i can find the actual removal instructions? I definitely think I can replace it..

Thanks
That one I have no idea! Sorry man! Maybe some of the infiniti techs on here might have an idea! Try hitting up stevethetech! Maybe he can guide u!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Any solution for replacing the MAP LED lights in the centre?
I can't find anything.

Reactions: G2Q50

·
Registered
19 Posts
MAP LAMP BRACKET

bump for the hatred of shitty map leds. So has anyone yet to pull down the unit yet?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.