Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have a intermittent belt squeal when i accelerate somewhat moderate to aggressive. its about a 1 to 2 second belt squeal that kicks in a few seconds into acceleration. (assuming its the belt). My car is a 2018 Q50 Luxe with 37,000 miles. Seems to early for a belt change or tensioner? Anyone else heard of this or had this happen? Thanks

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
do a sarch on here. There's a TSB out there for this.....its been the main "issue" with the new VR30DDTT platform. If you can recreate it get it to the dealership. They should replace the belt, possibly the tensioner, under warranty.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
I seem to have a intermittent belt squeal when i accelerate somewhat moderate to aggressive. its about a 1 to 2 second belt squeal that kicks in a few seconds into acceleration. (assuming its the belt). My car is a 2018 Q50 Luxe with 37,000 miles. Seems to early for a belt change or tensioner? Anyone else heard of this or had this happen? Thanks

I just posted about this. Same deal, intermittent at about 3-3500 rpm with moderate to somewhat moderate / aggressive input. I haven't taken a pic yet but the I can see the auto tensioner is spot-on and doesn't appear to be off at all. Belt looks good too.

I'll be driving it a bit on business travels this week but will be looking to bring it in next week if it gets worse. Mine is a 2018 with less than 10k on the ODO.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd

·
Registered
77 Posts
Any of you running a tuned q50 and having these issues making me paranoid vs. Hearing turbo spoil vs belt squeaking.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,985 Posts
Any of you running a tuned q50 and having these issues making me paranoid vs. Hearing turbo spoil vs belt squeaking.
What exactly does turbo spoil sound like...or smell like?

·
Registered
77 Posts
When you have let your Q out in the woods for 2 weeks with all the windows down in a continuous snowstorm.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I just posted about this. Same deal, intermittent at about 3-3500 rpm with moderate to somewhat moderate / aggressive input. I haven't taken a pic yet but the I can see the auto tensioner is spot-on and doesn't appear to be off at all. Belt looks good too.

I'll be driving it a bit on business travels this week but will be looking to bring it in next week if it gets worse. Mine is a 2018 with less than 10k on the ODO.

I would bring it in ASAP or sooner than later. You don't want to be stranded in middle of nowhere when your belt snaps.

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I would bring it in ASAP or sooner than later. You don't want to be stranded in middle of nowhere when your belt snaps.
Less concerned about that with AAA, more concerned about the stories I've heard about other equipment getting taken out when the belt lets go.

·
Registered
539 Posts

Less concerned about that with AAA, more concerned about the stories I've heard about other equipment getting taken out when the belt lets go.
Very true. I was going to mention it but didn't wanna scare him too bad hahah. Not to mention the huge mess of coolant that happens after belt snaps

·
Registered
331 Posts
Was watching this

6:20 **** I get that same sound.....

·
Registered
649 Posts
Here is a pic from this afternoon. Is this what I should be looking at first?
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,018 Posts

yes, looks like half the tension life left, but if it's squealing then it may be the to change the belt.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,985 Posts

From my previous post:

"B" is the indicator.
"C" is the range it should indicate when a new belt is installed.
"D" is the possible use range. Greater than that means new belt.

·
Registered
649 Posts
From my previous post:

"B" is the indicator.

"C" is the range it should indicate when a new belt is installed.

"D" is the possible use range. Greater than that means new belt.
Is that image from an official Infiniti service guide of some sort? Link to such a guide would be appreciated so I can approach service with something official.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,985 Posts
Is that image from an official Infiniti service guide of some sort? Link to such a guide would be appreciated so I can approach service with something official.

It's from the Q50 service manual. Someone here posted a link but I don't have it now. It's 311 MB of useful information but organized in a somewhat odd manner.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

Mine is stretched further than yours is showing. I'm also getting the high pitched squeal above 3000 RPM under load. I'll bring in the car soon to get it addressed. I could change the belt myself, but I assume that it would be covered under warranty....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts