Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A video interview of Carlos Ghosn about the Q50! Also we can clearly see how the 17" wheels look like! Enjoy! :D

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Maybe this is off topic but...Ugh--and I know I've talked before about choosing colors on this car, but it's getting very difficult for me I must admit!

What I mean is--in a lot of cases, a car looks best with just a few paint colors. But if you ask me---somehow, Infiniti has designed the Q50 in a way so that every single color looks really good on it. I mean, that White looks quite excellent in the video.

I guess it's only about a month away until we'll all be able to see a variety of the colors up close and in personal.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Maybe this is off topic but...Ugh--and I know I've talked before about choosing colors on this car, but it's getting very difficult for me I must admit!

What I mean is--in a lot of cases, a car looks best with just a few paint colors. But if you ask me---somehow, Infiniti has designed the Q50 in a way so that every single color looks really good on it. I mean, that White looks quite excellent in the video.

I guess it's only about a month away until we'll all be able to see a variety of the colors up close and in personal.
You're absolutely right. Every color looks exceptional, it seems the design team got to choose the colors. With the curves and metallic paints, the body looks dynamic like liquid steel. It is very hard to choose. I could own it in about 5 different colors and be happy with it.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
You're absolutely right. Every color looks exceptional, it seems the design team got to choose the colors. With the curves and metallic paints, the body looks dynamic like liquid steel. It is very hard to choose. I could own it in about 5 different colors and be happy with it.
White was my original fav but I agree all these colors look exceptional and it is now becoming a task to choose the color like Simpson said cant makes a decision till we see them in the flesh but Afrosheen be careful Apple may come and seek royalties for the liquid metal reference... Lol :D:rolleyes:j/k

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
It's interesting to note that Ghosn not long ago indicated he was ok with eliminating the Infiniti brand. Thank God he didn't. I'd probably have ended up in a 3 Series driving like a prick.
Wow, I didn't know that Eddie from the Munsters (Ghosn) said that. Glad he didn't eliminate the brand.:eek:

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
It must be incredibly difficult trying to compete with the Germans in this segment...I fear that if the next Q lineup doesn't wow the editors and journalists and the consumers alike, Nissan may still think about pulling the plug in a few years.
I think the Q50 is safe, and the coupe seems to be everywhere around here, but the M37 is fairly critical also, and along with the EX needs a major facelift. M37's spend more time on the lot than anything else.

I think the JX's just walk off the lot daily and people that want tanks get the QX56 already. Rebadged Armada, yes, but very well rebadged.

Right now I think they're beginning to crest a wave created by the Q50. Remember, this is their world car. They're selling it everywhere, not just the US like in the past. Europeans will have high expectations for (initial) build quality. If the Euros buy it, the Chinese will buy it stretched, it'll be a home run. I bet they won't be able to keep up with demand for the first 6 months at least.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I think the Q50 is safe, and the coupe seems to be everywhere around here, but the M37 is fairly critical also, and along with the EX needs a major facelift. M37's spend more time on the lot than anything else.

I think the JX's just walk off the lot daily and people that want tanks get the QX56 already. Rebadged Armada, yes, but very well rebadged.

Right now I think they're beginning to crest a wave created by the Q50. Remember, this is their world car. They're selling it everywhere, not just the US like in the past. Europeans will have high expectations for (initial) build quality. If the Euros buy it, the Chinese will buy it stretched, it'll be a home run. I bet they won't be able to keep up with demand for the first 6 months at least.
I actually think the M 56's take the longest my local dealer has been sitting on the lone m56 on their lot since the 13 MY turnover... The QX 56 used to be a rebadged armada but now is its own vehicle based on the Nissan Patrol in other markets ...but I agree the other vehicles in the line up def need a refresh...

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
M56 makes sense because it's their halo (for now) and, when built online, can easily top 70k. Saying you sell the 40k cars faster than the 70k cars is pretty normal. Oh and thanks for the reminder about the Patrol, I forgot they did that but I did hear it before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.