Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
That could be true but doesn't explain why some functions work while others do not. I would think if your cell tower signal strength is inadequate, then no remote functions would work.
Hmm true, maybe some require better signal than others. lol

My remote start has worked pretty much every time. Only time it hasnt worked is cause, I didnt lock my doors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I decided to try the web interface to start my car. It actually worked and while the car was running, I used the app on my phone (galaxy s8+) to see what would happen. I hit START and got an icon that popped up saying the car was running and the timer was set to 10 mins. So I hit the button again and the car shut off.... now its back to what it was doing before.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I get an error every time I try using the InTouch app on my Android phone or via the web interface. Unable to lock/unlock vehicle as well. Sounding the horn and flashing lights works fine. 2018 Q50 3.0T Luxe, AWD.
I was looking something up and made a strange discovery. First, at the web interface, go to manage subscriptions and make sure you have the premier one. That WAS the only one that had remote start. The select subscription only has remote door lock and unlock. They used to make you pay more to remote start your car. SOMETHING is however different. Here is what my current subscription states about remote start:

If you look at the features of each service down below on that same page, you will notice that remote start is now removed from premier and no longer appears at all. Now this leads me to believe that either the site is messed up and it is just omitted by mistake OR they are going to make a third tier and ala BMW, make remote start part of a new package with Apple Car Play/AA.

That would be pretty **** sneaky as remote start via app/web would be removed entirely once your subscription ran out. I also suspect that if you do not have the correct infotainment system, you will not be able to get the AA/Carplay option.

I hope I am wrong.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Remote start works fine for me, as I just tried it again on the InTouch iPhone app. Not sure what's going on with other cars/phones.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I called Infiniti tech support again. They escalated my issue and resolved it for me. Remoting starting via the Android app works great now as long as I'm a far enough distance away from my Q.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Resurrecting this thread...

Is remote start still a feature in the Premier package? I used to have it as part of a trial subscription that I allowed to run out. Remote start is convenient in the winter months and I'm interested in re-subscribing. But it's not listed on Infiniti's InTouch Services page. I called Infiniti, the rep said it's part of the Premier package, but somehow I don't trust her.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Resurrecting this thread...

Is remote start still a feature in the Premier package? I used to have it as part of a trial subscription that I allowed to run out. Remote start is convenient in the winter months and I'm interested in re-subscribing. But it's not listed on Infiniti's InTouch Services page. I called Infiniti, the rep said it's part of the Premier package, but somehow I don't trust her.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Yes, I believe its only part of the Premier package, which sucks!! :(
The remote start is the only part of the service I use, I have never used anything else.
My free sub is over soon and I dont think I wanna pay $250 for just that.

On there website the yearly payments make no sense!! 1 year cost $249.90, but 2 years cost $549.78, and 3 years $849.66. They are charging you more for the additional years!! Might as well just pay yearly.

I just checked the website and under the Learn More+ for the Premier and Select, both dont say it has Remote start.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts