1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
194 Posts
Well, I sideloaded it using the dropbox link because from the store it says that it's not available for my country, but then I enter my Intouch account and set everything and when going to the Apps Manager it stays forever on Contacting Server, one thing tough, it detects my car and web I enter the car's VIN it tries to validate or something and quickly gives me an error...

Thanks anyway, well keep trying.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I haven't used it yet, but I logged into my infiniti connection on the app of has all my info about my car and it's vin on it so I will be testing this out later on today

·
Registered
194 Posts
Problem that I'm getting now is that I can't find my Facebook or Google search apps, I remembered seeing then there when I got the car, but I was so tired of getting the error of the smartphone not found that as far as I can remember just removed then from the pages, don't think that I have removed them at all, now I can't see them to add them back, they are not there when I go to All Apps, so I'm afraid something happened, and I don't know how.

As you can see I'm just trying to see if even with the error I'm getting white trying to register my car to the app and that it stays forever at connecting to server when trying to go to Apps Manager, I can at least see if those work.

Does anybody know how to get those apps back?, I even tried the Restore to Factory option and nothing.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Problem that I'm getting now is that I can't find my Facebook or Google search apps, I remembered seeing then there when I got the car, but I was so tired of getting the error of the smartphone not found that as far as I can remember just removed then from the pages, don't think that I have removed them at all, now I can't see them to add them back, they are not there when I go to All Apps, so I'm afraid something happened, and I don't know how.

As you can see I'm just trying to see if even with the error I'm getting white trying to register my car to the app and that it stays forever at connecting to server when trying to go to Apps Manager, I can at least see if those work.

Does anybody know how to get those apps back?, I even tried the Restore to Factory option and nothing.
Did your dealership set up an infiniti connection for you?

My dealership registered me for it

I think if you make an account separate on infiniticonnection.com, you might be able to have set up

·
Registered
194 Posts
Did your dealership set up an infiniti connection for you?

My dealership registered me for it

I think if you make an account separate on infiniticonnection.com, you might be able to have set up
My dealership doesn't have a clue of what InTouch is, and there is nothing I can do as they are the only Infiniti dealership in Puerto Rico.

But I created the account online same day I bought the car, problem is that Infiniti connection didn't work on Puerto Rico, I talked to a couple of guys on Customer Service and there is not much they can or will do. But again, I saw Facebook and Google search apps until I went to the settings and changed it to not show those apps, that's what I did, I swear, I don't even know if there is a remove apps option, and if it is I'm not that dumb to have them removed.

They are not there and can't manage to add them back not even with the Apps reset. So not having then it's not directly related to not having the Infiniti connection available, I may be wrong, but I understand why the Infiniti connection doesn't work on Puerto Rico, but the InTouch is just an smartphone/car direct link, so I hoped that once we have the app on or smartphone, then the car's apps should work, even if we don't have the Infiniti connection, remember that you will have just a year of complimentary Infiniti connection service but I think that is 4 years for the Infiniti Apps.

I know that there is an installed by usb option but then I will need the Apps in order to do it, and I think that find them will be even harder.

Thanks anyway for your input.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I gave this a shot and was unable to find Pandora or iHeartRadio available for download to InTouch. I did manage to get the InTouch app installed on my SGS4 and I could connect it to my car. Oddly enough, the app did have a tendency to disconnect from the car while I was trying to update the HeadUnitProxy application in InTouch. I'll give this another shot later today once the games go off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i just woke im going to try it on my car later on

·
Registered
44 Posts
So i tried..

Connecting was iffy but eventually worked. Download/Load screens were slooow but did go though with only a few crashes here and there needing a reboot.

got "email" app installed and updated all the built-in stuff (compass, performance, clock, etc). Didn't see any difference visually in updated apps.

Not showing Audio Apps for download even if they're on the phone and checked as "on" in the phone app. Must be still locked out. :(

No option for inTouch car software update (which is what i was hoping to see too).

Overall, i guess its a move in the right direction. Now crossing fingers for worthy content and hopefully bug fixes.

Reactions: cyco1978

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm installing some of the apps and updating them too right now, it does seem to be really slow, and I also no longer have Facebook or Google search in my car but it still shows in the app

·
Registered
194 Posts
So if you guys have been able to use and update apps with the Intouch then it just mean more bad news for me and any other Puerto Rico buyers, then it's that they are linking the Intouch and Infiniti connection, and because Connection it's not available for us, then I'm afraid that they will let us in the dark also.

So in a summary, no SiriusXM features, no Infiniti Connection and now it seems that no InTouch either, so, you can see how happy I am right now...:( Thanks God that I'm happy with the Car's looks, performance and reliability so far...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Never mind, got it installed via drop box. Had to change my phone security settings on my S4 to allow the app to download onto device
i've got an S4 as well, how did you install through dropbox, and what security settings were changed on the S4 for the app to work?

Edit : nevermind i got it to work, didnt realize it was a simple APK install

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.